Wednesday, January 23, 2013

OOTD/Review: Tresco Floral.

Hi, all!  Big shocker here, but I decided to preorder the Liberty perfect shirt in tresco floral.  I saw the glorious bright multi-colored flowered tana lawn bit of perfection in the spring lookbook in the fall and immediately contacted my personal shopper.  Since then, she has informed me of all the pieces it will come in (the shirt, obviously, a clutch, a beautiful scarf, and a boy's bow tie).  I said "no" to the bow tie, but happily saved up for the other pieces.

I received this shirt yesterday and decided that I couldn't wait to wear it, especially since now it is so very cold and frigid in the DC area.  What better to perk up one's spirit than a summer's garden?

First up in the post will be the ootd portion, followed by the review.  I figured the review will help those of you interested in it, since I have a feeling it will go "live" on J. Crew tomorrow (I think new arrivals are slated for tomorrow).





Day: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 (today!).

Where: Whole Foods Wines-day.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) 4. The outfit wore exactly as I expected, very easily.  :)  The tana lawn of the shirt is a very smooth, silky cotton that feels nice on the skin.  The sateen pants are just stretchy enough to be comfortable, while the merino cardigan is a bit oversized, making for a nice loose fit.  The only bit of the outfit that was a bit uncomfortable are the macalister high-heel boots, which are still being "worn in" by me.  Eventually they will feel more comfortable, but the break-in period is taking a while longer than I expected.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) 3. Looks like I am a happy, pleasant SAHM.  Not cool, but not horribly uncool either.


I do realize that had I taken the shirt and added a long, pink and white leather floral skirt, a pair of ditsy floral heels, and a darling little floral clutch, I would be way cooler, but considering I am who I am, and that it isn't 80 degrees outside, I will be fine with my ensemble as is.

Anecdote from the day:  You're not imagining it, my hair is darker.  I suffer from summer blonde hair, which is what happens when your natural hair color is in the blonde/light brown range naturally.  The sun bleaches my hair to a very light blonde in the mid-summer only to grow out and become its natural, darker self in winter.  I tire of trying to maintain summer color, so today I grabbed the Natural Instincts demi-permanent (lasts around four weeks, give or take) color in dark blonde, and while it is a bit shocking compared to what I am used to, it is the color it is supposed to be (maybe a touch cooler than "normal," since I have more gold overall, but it's close enough--so no complaints).  :)

Mr. Dina sort of hates it.  I just looked at him and said, "you hate my natural hair?"  MEAN! 

I also reminded him that by May it would start to get bleached again, and he could celebrate its return with all sorts of merriment and a big party, if he so desires.


Review: I chose to get the size 4 after working with my PS.  I always buy a size 4 in the perfect shirts, but always want to make sure before I buy them, especially if it is an investment like the Liberty shirts are.

It fits great, and in my opinion, a titch bigger than the Leo Scarlet one from this fall.

The colors are insane, and the detail is wonderful.  It is obvious that this print is very special, maybe even more so than my most favorite Liberty print ever (last worn here).  I am not ready to say this is my most favorite Liberty print ever, but I am thinking it is very close to it. 

Of course it is A WHOLE LOT of look, and not for the shy of color or print.  I don't know, you probably are a Liberty print kind of person or you are not, ya know?  I don't much care for houndstooth, but I love the way it looks on others.

Okay, that's all for now.  Anyone else have this one and can comment on it?

P.S. I picked my four winners for the giveaway earlier today.  I have heard from three of the winners and hope to hear from the fourth soon, so check out to see if you won.  :)

P.P.S Those of you who commented on the piano lesson from H-E-double hockey sticks, I appreciate all of your advice.  Eventually I will comment back, but until then, know that I am thinking about what we will do, and I am strongly thinking about getting another teacher.  Thanks again!