Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Watercolor Garden Pencil Skirt SAHM Styled!

Good day to you all!

Not much to say except that it has been pretty nice 'round these parts, been enjoying the lazy days of summer doing a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and sometimes a whole lot of nothing. And that is just fine by me. :)


Yesterday, one of my best bloggie friends, HeidiG.,and I got our kids together for a little outing across the Potomac (I must adore Heidi to have DRIVEN across to Maryland on the Beltway--you know me and driving, right...). We simply met at Montgomery Mall, went around to the various stores and had lunch at Nordstrom's. Above is what I wore to go out...I figure most of my summer has been super-casual, so it felt kind of good to "dress-up" a bit. I felt very lady-like in this get-up and honestly, it was pretty comfy. And even though it was hot and humid, the cotton pieces kept me pretty cool. Thumbs up from me!


Sizes:
Blouse: Ann Taylor Loft, Size 6. I honestly couldn't tell you when I purchased this. All I know is that the simple, white blouse, while ubiquitous, is an absolute ESSENTIAL in any wardrobe...even one as colorful as mine.
Skirt: J. Crew, Size 6. This is the Watercolor Garden Pencil Skirt that I got for a song at the local store last spring. I can't believe it took me this long to pull it out. Look for it on a pop-back. I say size down one size (although size 6 could be my *new* J. Crew skirt size...vanity sizing and all).
Shoes: Cole Haan, Size 10. Yummy, comfy, pretty sandals. SWAK Cole Haan, love you!


Ooh, what a difference this hand position makes. LOL.


Can't leave you without showing you something insanely precious. Why should I be the only lady in the house with a fedora? (Old Navy Fedora for toddlers, only $9 for its "OMG, that is SOOOOOOO CUTE" cuteness, bought yesterday, CW wore it the entire day and people actually stopped me to comment on how adorable my little girl is, I happen to agree.)

All, have a great afternoon. I will continue to be lazy. I can get back to work tomorrow. ;)