Tuesday, May 21, 2013

OOTD/Review: Bright. Seersucker. Florals.

Day: Tuesday, May 21, 2013.

Where:  Preschool Run/Errands/CW's Gardening Class.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)   I'll discuss the shorts and sandals in the review section, but I will let you know the dinging of points happened because of these two pieces.  Nothing big, but some things that need to be pointed out.

The top is fit for me since I sewed it (blog post on that here), so that piece is exceedingly comfortable and easy to move around in.

The whole outfit is awesome, comfort wise, for the weather we had today, all humid, sticky, icky that it was.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I like the outfit, and think the in your face color combo is really fun.  Definitely not for the faint of heart, but compared to the super-fashionable out there, this is pretty tame really.  ;)

Anecdote from the day: Been feeling a lot better since my wah-wah post of a few days ago.  No, I haven't magically developed a "quarter-bouncing butt" or found six million new friends, but I have been able to solidly connect with many of my friends and the time I have spent with them has been wonderful, and has made me feel a lot better about not being part of the "in" crowd at my son's school.

I also read (and responded to) most of the comments and e-mails I have received, and the kind, supportive words from you all mean the world to me.  Really.  :)  I know it sounds trite, but I mean it, I am so grateful for all of you who read my blog and are my blog friends.  Thank you!

5" Seersucker Shorts.  Size 10.  These are from J. Crew, purchased with the last 20% off coupon I received.  They are the same exact shorts as I have from last summer, but this year they are in a green/blue seersucker, whereas last year's seersucker is in a red/navy combo. 

I think these may be a touch smaller than last year's version, since I know I haven't gained weight from last summer.  They are tightest around the thighs, which is one of my wider areas.  They fit, they just aren't loose.

The five inch inseam is fab, though, giving enough coverage to feel like I am not showing off the goods to the world, but short enough to properly offset the looser silhouette of the top.  If I paired this top with longer shorts, it would like frumpy, in my opinion.

I have no idea what happened to these shorts on-line, btw.  I saw a whole bunch of them for sale last week.  They may have sold out, but I am sure there are plenty of them available in stores, and definitely follow the link in polyvore to catch a popback if you like them.

Leather Clogs.  Size 41.  These day glo pink sandals (they are even BRIGHTER and more DAY-GLO in real life) are from Boden's Johnnie b. line, which I happen to adore.  I often find the biggest sizes in that line fit me well, are sassy, and more importantly, cheap enough for me to indulge in guilt-free.  I buy Johnnie b. to enjoy the current trends, and stick with regular Boden for more classic styles made in materials that are friendly to my current SAHM life.

These clogs are really nicely made from lovely leather and real wood bottoms.  They look a lot like Saltwater sandals, but I know for a fact are not as easy to wear as Saltwaters, since the wood sole is definitely not the cushy rubber sole that I have seen on the Saltwaters.  (I have never owned Saltwaters, but CW had a pair and she wore them constantly.)

There are a few drawbacks, which will benefit you if you have wide feet.  I don't, so for me, these are negatives.  Not negative enough to return, but worth considering if you can't stand looser shoes.

The straps up there at the top (criss-cross ones) are very loose, like should be on a different pair of sized shoes loose.  The other straps have holes that can be buckled, which is what has saved these shoes for me and allowed me to keep them.  (They are buckled on the last buckle, btw, if they get any looser, I will have to have the shoe repairman punch a new hole to make them tighter.

I find that the looser toe box is less annoying to me than the reverse, which is a looser heel area.  I find that a looser heel means the shoe completely flops off my foot, whereas a loose toe box just means my little piggies have more room to spread out. ;)

Anyhow, if you have wide feet and want a nice looking pair of sandals that will definitely fit your feet, for a good price*, then these may be the ones for you.  The pair are also available in silver, which look slightly less obnoxious than these neon ones.

(Everyone commented on these sandals today, especially the color.  Most loved the sandals, but I am sure some folks were freaked out by how glow in the dark they appeared.)

*The price goes down to $43 with my sidebar coupon, which is about a 30% savings.  The shoes are on sale and go further down in price with the coupon.

Kept the makeup super-simple, easy light foundation, super sheer nude lipstick, and lots of mascara (I know it doesn't look that way, but trust me, that's a lot of mascara, I have really blonde eyelashes).

Angus gave me the cutest smile today.  :)  Look at all those teeth!

Okay, all, off to eat dinner, have a great night!