Thursday, February 13, 2014

OOTD: Fair Isle Birthday.

Good morning, everyone.  Are you one of the many who is out of school or work today because of the monster snow storm that has affected pretty much the entire east coast?  We are out today and we will probably be out tomorrow, if history holds true.  I guess I will be getting a lot of housework, sewing, and blogging done.  (Secretly thrilled over here.)

If you have a Boden review and would like to share the link to the blog post, or you would like me to include your written review in my next BWRR (tomorrow), you can e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com.  You can also leave the details at the Boden Review tab here at the blog.  If you don't get a chance, and you are one of my regular blogs that I feature on the BWRR, you should be fine, but if you want to be sure, I don't mind.  :-)

Okay, onto the outfit!





Day: Wednesday, February 12, 2014.

Where: Women's Club at the church and Rex's Birthday dinner.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  These jeans are one of the only pair of jeans I plan on keeping after I use my new pants sloper pattern (I have been in some sewing classes learning how to make a pants pattern to exactly fit my body).  Something about the way these exactly work with my curves make them super comfortable and still presentable.

The Fair Isle Yoke sweater ( still available on clearance in limited numbers; review here) was nice and warm, exactly right for yesterday's very cold temperatures and nighttime snow.  It is pilling a touch under the arms, but still nothing terrible and nothing that a fabric shaver couldn't easily take care of.

I am surprised by how warm the double cloth bonbon coat kept me.  This one is not insulated, so I thought I had chosen poorly (even though it is exactly the right shade for the outfit), but I felt fine.  I suspect I layered correctly for the weather.  :-)

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.)  I love the look of it, especially with the coat opened.  On its own without the coat, it would drop down to a 3, but with the coat, very cool.

Anecdote from the Day:  With the help of our parish priest and another mom, I am starting a "moms with young kids" group at the church.  We will meet every first and third Wednesday of the month, and it will be a chance for those of us suffering from what I affectionately call "sleep blindness" to get together and be prayerful and celebrate this time of our lives in a community rather than on our own, which is what so many of us do.  At the same time as we meet, some older women of the parish meet to do arts and crafts, and more than not, it includes sewing and knitting, so it is right up my alley.  Meeting the women of the arts and crafts group was lovely since it allowed me the chance to explain what my group would do and also allowed me to see that in addition to meeting for companionship, we could also help the arts and crafts group out as needed (and as long as it included activities that all of us could do, especially since some of the moms won't have sewing and knitting experience).

Later that day we took Rex to our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Meaza, for his birthday dinner.  He specifically asked for it since his favorite food is the yellow lentils they have there.  (They are really good.)  Normally I buy a glass of wine, but last night I decided to try the St. George beer, which is an Ethiopian beer.  It was so good, I ended up drinking two beers.  Then the waitress told me I could purchase it at the shop next door, and since I live so close, I guess I could just make the grocery there part of any grocery run.  :-)

The kids were so excited by the snow they ran around our darkened driveway for a couple of minutes when we got home.  I took pictures (obviously) and CW posed.  Of course she did.

Alrighty, that's it for now.  You all have a great day!