Sunday, June 8, 2014

OOTDs: Doing the Dress Thing Again.

Before I start the ootd post featuring recent dressy days, I wanted to let you all know that in less than an hour, the 30% off promo for all things beachy will end over at Boden.  I do know something else will take its place tomorrow, but that won't be until after midnight, and as much as love the blog and all my blog friends, I also love sleep, so that is what I will be doing then.  I will update this post tomorrow morning with any links (at the bottom of the post) to the new promotion.

Okay, onto the dresses!



Day: Sunday, June 1, 2014.

Where: Rex's friend's birthday party at the Kettler Iceplex and Mass.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Once again, made by me, so the dress is so comfortable and fits so well.  The Siempre Sandals (wrote a quickie review on them here) are still really awesome and very easy to walk in (we walked from the church to the Kettler Iceplex rather than deal with the AWFUL parking garage at Ballston Mall). 

Only reason for a one star demotion is because silly me didn't think about how cold it would be in the rink and since I was a kind mom and let my son have the cardigan to help keep him warm, I ended up feeling pretty cold.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) A perfect looking outfit for church, but the ice arena really called for something else.  :-)

Anecdote from the Day:  Rex charged on into the arena like he owned it, and by the end was feeling pretty secure skating on his own.  He fell a ridiculous times before the above photo was shot, but I wasn't worried about him...his bottom is just fine now.



Day: Saturday, May 10, 2014.

Where: G Street Fabric for a Fashion Sewing Club.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This above outfit is one of my most favorites I have ever worn.  It is so comfortable and easy, and get this, the dress is a circo Target dress from the girls section from last year (the x-large size basically is equivalent to a women's size 6).  This year's version is cute, but I really prefer last year's. And again, major points for the Siempre Sandals, the prettiest "good for your feet" sandals out there.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) No one ever knows that I am wearing a girls dress when I wear this.  I always end up hearing how much people love it, especially the bright colors. 

Anecdote from the Day:  After going to the fabric store, I was supposed to meet some high school friends for lunch in the park, but dangit, it started to rain a lot and they ended up leaving before I got there.  GRRR.




Day: Monday, May 19, 2014.

Where: Church for a celebratory dinner for all Catholic converts.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Pretty decent comfort, but as you can see from the third photo, the children do climb all over me on a regular basis, and since they were coming with us to the function, this outfit ended up not being the best for keeping up with them.  Had they not gone, the points would have been higher.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) It's a nice outfit, but not my favorite...I like the idea of wearing a cardigan with it, but I wonder if this is one of those dresses where wearing it sleeveless is the best way to go.  I do really love the sunglasses and how my hair looked, though.  (These Aqua Tort Sunglasses must be this year's version of them.)

Anecdote from the Day:  The kids love to photobomb...which Rex did in fine form that night.  My face is telling, lol.



Day: Thursday, May 22, 2014.

Where: Playdate with Preschool Buddies.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Knocking the outfit down because I feel like this dress's skirt should be less fitted.  It also could have felt that way because it was stupid hot and I made the choice to wear a denim dress.  :-)  The Saltwater sandals are awesome, though, and I am glad I made the dive into their line with these patriotic pair.  My daughter has had a few pairs of them, and their women's line features really cute options, too.  I went with a size 7, which is basically a size 9.  The 8 would have definitely been too wide.  The length is a micro-centimeter too short, but I would much rather have my foot be properly encased than feel like they are flopping out.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.) It's cute and cool in a very "flight attendent/mid-century" kind of way.  Just not cool enough to keep me cool, sadly.

Anecdote from the Day:  My husband was so jealous when he heard one of the moms brought us bahn mi, which are Vietnamese sandwiches, basically one of his most favorite foods ever. 

Okay. Off to bed.  Tomorrow I will update this area right. here. with the new promo info.  Okay, it's up.  It's 30% off knitwear, tops, and coats. :-)
30% off Knits, Tops, and Coats

I will add the link to the current affiliate coupon, however, since it does provide the free shipping that doesn't automatically come with the current sale.