Sunday, April 14, 2013

OOTD: So Stunningly Simple.


Day: Friday, March 29, 2013.

Where: Target Run.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I must have lost at least a little weight in my lower half since the Zip Ankle Skimmer from Boden (review here, this season's version here) are a touch looser than they were six months ago.  I have always thought they were comfortable, but these are even more so now.

The tee is one of my favorites from J. Crew ever, but since the extra-small fit me well while fully pregnant, it is definitely very loose now, almost pj-like.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  It looks pretty cool, for a casual outfit.  I think the silhouette helps with this, keeping it trim but easy.  The Madewell necklace and Marc Jacobs clutch are nice accessories that I keep reaching for, so I am especially pleased that I was able to get them when I did.

Anecdote from the day:  It was Good Friday that day, and normally church is not an option since the three kids would not be able to handle the three hour service (if I am remembering how long I used to go for before I had children).  It still was not an option, but Rex had come home with a book that he created at school on the Stations of the Cross, complete with hand drawings of each station, so I could at least take a few minutes in the afternoon to sit down with the three of them to explain why Good Friday is so important.  Rex loved that we were able to teach from his book, and relished the opportunity to read each sentence.  :)

The Target run was later that night, with an emphasis on travel gear (most important for us--earphones for the kids on the plane) and Easter items (the neon yellow "grass" was my favorite).

Alrighty, that's it!  I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!

Boden fans, don't forget tonight is the last night to grab any current "trim" items from the sale.  A new set of items will be in the sale tomorrow morning.

You can use the coupon below (or in the sidebar) to make the savings even better (the trim items are reduced by 20%, then by adding the 15%, you end up with around a total of 32% off).