Tuesday, July 30, 2013

OOTDs: Handmade Liberty Love.

Angus loves to smile.

And he likes to run.

And every once in a while, he will stand still.

Day: Saturday, July 27, 2013.

Where:  Damn Yankees (my dad was props manager for the local production).

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I guess I have been favoring easy to wear jersey dresses and loose shorts this summer too much as this skirt felt so fitted and tight.  It really wasn't, obviously, just a regular pencil skirt silhouette, so I probably should wear at least one fitted piece of clothing a week to remind myself that I can wear clothing like this.

I don't know when I fell into the comfort clothing trap, but it probably has something to do with my overall mood this summer.  I go to the "aw, forget it" mode way too fast when something doesn't quite work.  I need to get out of this funk already, and stop letting everything bother me to the point where I quit.  (I forced myself to go out in this outfit instead of changing into a jersey skirt.  I was *that* close to freaking out that I was too big to wear this outfit, which is ridiculous, but that is where my mind went that night.)

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Pretty top (wrote about it here, btw) with a great skirt and cute headband makes this a bit cooler than my usual SAHM look, which was appropriate since I was going out with my friend instead of doing something with the kids.

Anecdote from the day:  My dad loves loves his theater group, and when a play or musical is upcoming, he throws himself into the production with such gusto that the song from Damn Yankees "You've Got to Have Heart" is very appropriate for his life.  :-)  We don't get to see him as much during these times, but it is nice to know he is really having a lot of fun.

My friend got a migraine that night, so we had to leave at intermission, which I obviously understood.  This is the second time I haven't been able to see a musical there during the second act, since last year my dad had the great idea that I bring Angus to see Legally Blonde.  Yeah, Angus was upset at me and insisted that I either nurse him the entire time or get him out of there.  I didn't go back for the second act as I am not a crazy person.  (I also wondered *why* my dad thought it was a good idea.)


Day: Monday, July 15, 2013.

Where:  Drive from North Carolina to Georgia.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I knew I wanted a pretty outfit to wear on the drive, but since the drive is nearly 7.5 hours, I knew that it had to be comfortable.  The shorts are a bit oversized and that helps up the ease factor, and the top is blousey enough to not pinch or pull.  I still get bugged by the gathering and puckering where the yoke meets the bodice and armholes, but I don't feel the issues while wearing it, so as long as I am not looking in a mirror, it doesn't bug me.  (I wrote about making the top and the issues I had with it here.)

That bag, btw, is so overused.  It has this patina to it now that I like, but I have no idea if it is okay that I willingly used a light-colored leather bag as a day bag when I have toddlers in my life.  Oh, well...at least I got it from the J. Crew clearance store instead of at full price.

Cool Factor: (2 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Meh, the colors are pretty, and those Sperry Top-Siders (for J. Crew in a neon pink color) are really cool, but the outfit definitely reads SAHM casual.  The cool kids would probably just sort of scoff at my attempt at cool if I was trying to hang with them.  Good thing I'm not, lol. 

Anecdote from the day:  The trip to GA was beautiful and the weather was amazing.  I always love the drive down there...something about Southern interstates are refreshing.  They are made well, nice and smooth, with lush forests and rolling hills for scenery, and miles between exits.  The blood pressure drops a bit, you know?  Not that I don't enjoy going to other places, but I am not sure I would ever describe the drive to NYC in the same way.  ;-)

Okay, that's all for today.  Hope you all are having a fabulous Tuesday.

I want to write a Boden Weekly Review Roundup tomorrow.  If you have a review for me (it doesn't have to have a photo, btw) for anything (clearance or new), you can e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com.