Friday, March 7, 2014

OOTDs: Jacket Weather.

So I started this blog post back in early December and because life, you know, gets in the way sometimes, I completely forgot it was in my queue of posts to be published.  Eeps.  Oh, well.  Since it was so long ago, I will just focus on the outfits and not even bother with extraneous info.  LOL.  Works for me since it is Friday and I am pretty beat.  Long flipping week here.  (Which I know every single one of you out there reading this is feeling, too.)



Day: Thursday, November 7, 2013.

Where: Angus's Little Gym class.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Such a fun easy outfit.  This is easily one of my favorites from 2013.  I love the Target top, especially, even though it is a woven rayon, and I know it will shrink, it is still awesome.  I did get it for NOTHING (okay not nothing, but maybe 3 or 4 dollars on clearance) and I did buy it in a size up from "my tts Target" size, so even if it does shrink eventually, I won't be all, "wahwahwah."

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) Pretty decently cool, in my world.


Day: Friday, November 8, 2013.

Where: My dad's birthday lunch.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  It's another awesome Target shirt!  Again, bought for nothing, but this time in my size.  I saw another lady wearing it a few months later and it looked really cute on her, so I was glad I had purchased it when I did.  It is super soft, btw.

The shoes are the Embellished Ballet Flats from Boden (review here) and are on clearance.  They have held up well and are very comfortable.

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) I look vaguely uncomfortable in these photos, lol.  Not an especially cool look, but maybe a bonus point for attempting to mix plaid and tribal prints and not completely looking like a clown?  ;-)

Day: Sunday, November 17, 2013.

Where: Birthday party for one of Rex's classmates at the National Zoo.

Ease of Wear: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I didn't think that the boots I was wearing were going to kill my feet, but oof, by the end of the day at the Zoo, my poor feet were so on fire.  They are really cute booties by Matt Bernson, but not really the best for all day walking festivities.

And even though the rest of the winter was really cold, ugh, that day in November was super mild.  I ended up having to take off my Military Wool jacket ( here on clearance at Boden) since it was too warm to wear it.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) My shirt matches my daughter's dress.  That automatically makes it uncool.  But my daughter is pretty cool for a five-year old.  She dressed herself that morning and insisted (STRONGLY) that I wear the matching tee.  Hmm...

Okay, you all have a great rest of your Friday!!!  Relax and rest up if you can!