Thursday, September 25, 2014

OOTDs: Transitional.

Before I get this ootd post started, two quick reminders...

1. If you grab a chance, and you are interested, check out my latest "made by me" file which is a copy of one of my favorite Garnet Hill sundresses from a few years back.  I am in a sewing competition and you can vote for my dress if you think it's good enough to get your vote.  The link to the place where the voting link is located is at that "made by me" file.

2. I think most of you have entered, but just in case you haven't, Boden has asked that I host a giveaway of $125 to spend at Boden!  To enter, please visit this post.



Day: Wednesday, September 24, 2014.

Where:  School Run. That is it. NO sewing, either, but I started prepping for future projects.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Darn this stupid fall weather.  WHY!  WHY?  I am not one of those bloggers who is all, "ooh fall, leaves, pumpkin spice latte, boots, yay, squee!"  I am all "why cold wind rain bleak grey why???"  Anyhow, mini vent aside, the Pattern Sweater (here) is very warm and kept me feeling good yesterday.  I didn't want to wear pants, so I faced the cool weather with my favorite pair of denim bermuda shorts (I've had these for years). 

For those of you who would like more info on the Pattern Sweater, I wrote up a review on it here at this blog post.  FWIW, the sweater barely pilled yesterday, which I take as a good sign.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  It's a cute look.  My husband really liked the British guards.  He wasn't sure what they were at first, but smiled when he realized what they were. 

Anecdote from the day:  My kids fought in the back seat of the van (we usually have them separated but their grandparents were in town and they can't sit in the way back) on the way home from school.  I put them both in their rooms for an hour each.  They didn't seem too upset that I punished them, so I think there may be more of this in the future.  (Cue laughing at my prospects of getting some quiet time in the future.) 

CW and I watched last week's Project Runway where the designers had to create little girls outfits inspired by the American Girls, and being the absolute worst critic possible, CW declared that every look was a 10 out of 10 and said she would wear them all, including Sandhya's pink onesie.  It didn't surprise me she liked the Floral Liberty Jumpsuit, since she has some clothing like that in her closet, but that onesie, hmmm...

She also recognized Tim Gunn's voice from Princess Sophia.  She was all, "it's Baileywick, Momma!

Day: Thursday, September 25, 2014.

Where: Target to get all the kids shoes (ugh--feet always grow so fast) and then to get them from school.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  It's just awful outside.  I am only wearing sunglasses 'cause I didn't have any eye makeup on and I kind of look like an alien with no mascara on (my eyelashes are blonde and disappear on film). 

The chance of me wearing anything other than a sweater and pair of pants today was essentially nil, and even though I run "hot," I felt like I needed the scarf, too.  But I can't give up the sandals yet.  Darn it, I am not ready for summer to be done.  Especially here, where summer should still be going on...

Cool Factor: (4.25 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Looks good to me.  Love the bright neon of the Tilly Sweater/Jumper (here but looking sold out), even if some of the reviewers didn't love it.  But since I knew what was coming because of them, I knew what to expect.  (I purchased a 15-16, exactly the right size on my frame.)  The sweater on its own is a lot of look, but I will say that paired with a scarf or a necklace and it is less in your face.

Anecdote from the day:  Angus is 2.5 today!  How exciting.  Not gonna do anything, but pretty exciting, nonetheless.  I really wish he would stop growing, though, widdle tiny babies are so cute!  In other news, the Target near us on the way to school FINALLY got the better buggies/carts and I couldn't be happier!  No more jangly wheels skidding along in the aisles.  No, now these buggies have shock absorbers, it seems...they almost glide on air like they are unicorns upon rainbows!  Yes!

Okay, that's it for now.  Hope your day is going great!