Wednesday, September 3, 2014

OOTDs: Wearing Pretty Summer Sundresses.

Hey, all!  Happy Wednesday!

Before I start, I wanted to let you know that Boden has a special promotion going right now where if you refer a friend to receive 15% off, you will receive a $15 voucher to spend at Boden in the future. Sounds good to me.  Since I have referred a ton of people to Boden, maybe they can send me a big ole voucher? Just kidding (but only slightly!). Anyhow, I put that link and the coupon link (just in case you needed something before you received the voucher) at the bottom of this post so you can enjoy sending out the Boden love if you so desire.

Okay, onto the pretty summer sundresses!



Day: Saturday, August 30, 2014.

Where: Mass and dinner to an Indian restaurant.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I love this Boden Lovely Linen dress (here on sale) as much as I did when I first wore it (here).  Still fits really well, but because the linen shrinks up a bit after washing and drying, the bodice area was a touch tight upon first putting it on.  That wasn't that big of a deal, though, since it quickly loosened up and became much more comfortable.  (But bear that in mind if you carry your weight up top, you may want to size up for that very reason.)

The Dansko shoes were a gift from a friend who knows that I can't usually wear Danskos as they run wide in my shoe size.  These, though, run pretty narrow, and she got blisters every time she wore them, so she knew exactly who to give them to after she discovered the fit issue.  Danskos are so comfortable, just wish they fit my feet better.

Cool Factor: (3.75 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I may be a fan of both the Lovely Linen dress and the Dansko shoes, but am not so sure I love them together that much.

Anecdote from the day:  Angus ate up all his Indian food he was given.  All of it, and then some more.  He got angry when they took his plate away because he could see remnants of the meal still on the plate.  He literally wanted to be part of the clean plate club. 



Day: Thursday, August 28, 2014.

Where: Harris Teeter.  Yeah, I know, I wore this outfit to Harris Teeter.  It's been too casual of a summer, I wanted to wear a dress!

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) The only thing that was slightly uncomfortable about this look was the length of the dress, but it wasn't that short that I felt overexposed.  My hubby made a comment about it, though.  Whatever.

Cool Factor: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Definitely an A outfit.  Solid 90%.  The Accessorize necklace was the big hit, though...every lady working at Harris Teeter complimented me on the necklace.

Anecdote from the day:  Well I told you both stories...that the ladies loved the necklace and my husband gave the side eye to the skirt length.  That's all I got.  ;-)

Before I finish this post up, I wanted to share with you the pair of shorts that I finished sewing up today.  As I mentioned to you all in my last post, I was chosen to be part of a eight person, six-week sewing competition that Fabric Mart is hosting (though I could be cut the first week, so keep that in mind).  Because of that, I need to get a whole bunch of sewing done when I can so I can free up time to make the items for the contest.  Anyhow, this is Kwik Sew 3614 and in addition to being excited that I have a great pair of shorts that fit me very well, I learned how to properly insert a fly front zipper.  So yay for small things.  Now if there is a need to insert a fly front zip in this challenge, I am set.  :-)

I tried them on for the photos, but plan on wearing them properly tomorrow as part of a SAHM outfit. 

Finally, regarding the Boden info I told you about above:

To refer your friend to the 15% off Boden page, check out this link.  All the info you need to refer your friend and receive the $15 voucher (after their first purchase) is there.

For those of you needing something before the voucher comes, the link below will get you 15% off with free shipping:
Shop New Arrivals for Autumn with 15% Off plus Free Shipping on ALL Orders!


Alrighty, you all have a great day!!!