Sunday, July 26, 2009
Oh, Sleep, Wherefore Art Thou, Sleep?
This is no doubt a portal to hell...read to find out why...
This is my re-telling of events prior and events current:
1. We swoop into the lovely city of Winston-Salem, NC at around 7 pm after having dealt with 7 hours of driving (thank you traffic in Fredericksburg, VA and an accident in Petersburg, VA).
2. We kindly ask the gentleman at the Quality Inn Winston-Salem if we can have a first floor room because of our luggage and all of our kids, etc. He kindly agrees and gives us the key to the room directly located across from this pool. Ah, a pool.
3. We get back from our yum-tastic Mexican meal and retire to our room. This is around 10:30 pm. Get Rex and CW and ourselves ready for bed. I take my sleeping pill (only taken when I am in an unfamiliar bed).
4. We had heard the music before we went to bed but figured the air conditioner might drown it out. However, the air conditioner, as awesome as it is, cannot be a miracle worker. Mere minutes after we put our heads down and try to fall asleep, the music gets louder, the bass makes our room shake, and then it sounds like the music is in our room. Oh, holy ****.
5. Yep...the pool should have been a beautiful vantage point, but as of right now, 1:36 am on a Saturday night, it is the harbinger of all things hellish. We are living the word cacophony. The party that is in the party room has music that is thumping at max volume and every time the door to the pool is opened, the music literally jumps into our room.
6. We spoke to the powers that be. They said we could keep all of our stuff in our room, carry the sleeping CW and Rex to the other room, sleep and then get all our stuff later. Yeah, yeah, would if we could. Rex woken up from sleeping is not what you would call pleasant. (Heehee, maybe we should wake him and let him scream his head off at the party...maybe then they would get the message to shut the BLEEP up.) The reason they can't turn their music down is beyond me. I get the party has an obligation to go until their allotted time is up, but music at its highest the WHOLE time at a hotel where people are trying to sleep? Mind boggling.
7. I even went into the hotel lobby so they could see me all tired and miserable, and while the guy feels bad, he felt like his hands were tied. I wonder what he would do if he had smelled the pot emanating from the party like I had? Maybe he would have called the cops?
8. Ultimately, I want to know WHY the dumb-*** who checked us in didn't put us in a first floor room VERY far from the party? Did Mr. Dina remind him of someone he didn't like and wanted to hurt us? Or was the guy just that dumb?
Yes, I really do look and feel this way at 1:52 am. I have lunesta in my system, the music is just that loud and I am on my first day of vacation. (I do love the fact that my gorgeous new computer has this cool webcam thing...fun with photos...)