Thursday, March 21, 2013

OOTDs: Excusez-moi, s'il vous plaît!


Day: Thursday, March 7, 2013.

Where: Preschool Run and Bowling.

Ease of Wear: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Not a huge fan of the jeans with this outfit, since they are a lower rise and the Liberty twisted placket shirt kept coming untucked.  Annoying.  Eventually I just untucked the shirt and had a more "rumpled" look.

The Boden Cashmere Crew Neck Jumper ( new version is here) is wonderfully warm, though, and based on how much I have worn it since I bought it, I clearly made a good choice (I like how I styled it here best, though).

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  The color was "in" last fall, so I don't know if the deep burgundy (otherwise known by its yucky name--"oxblood") is still "in," but whatever, the bowling ladies literally gave not one fig (also a better word for this color than OXBLOOD).  I wear my clothing for me when I bowl, lol.  Although a few of them loved the necklace.  No one even notices the bag, which is by far the coolest part of the outfit.

So my gorgeous 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel in aubergine is now being worn around town by everyone's FAVORITE FASHION blogger, Miss Atlantic-Pacific herself.  I know she totally saw it on me first.  {Snort.}

Anecdote from the day:  I am getting so much better at bowling.  I didn't do exceptionally well that day, but I definitely didn't do badly either.

They have a meatloaf special at the bowling alley on Thursdays, which includes meatloaf with brown gravy, new potatoes, a roll, a pat of butter, and some broccoli.  I am in love with it.  The meal is cheap, too, only $6.50 before tips.  I love that I can get honest to goodness "classic" American diner food and have the company of some pretty awesome ladies.  Next year I am switching to the Tuesday bowling league, and I believe they have another "special of the day" on Tuesdays, so I may have to find a reason to visit the alley on Thursdays so I can enjoy my new found culinary treat.


Day: Friday, March 8, 2013.

Where: McDonald's and Toys "R" Us.

Ease of Wear: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This outfit looks really cute and colorful, but not the best outfit for running around with the kids, including carrying Angus while holding CW's and Rex's hands while crossing a major local road (McDonald's is across the street from Toys "R" Us).  By the time I got to McDonald's, my skirt was hitched up because the tights create friction with the unlined skirt.  At least the coat, tee, and shoes felt great.  (The tee is from crewcuts, I bought it in the size 14 for me and a size 6 for CW.)

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Haha.  Not very cool, but I like it since I really love bright graphics in blue and orange and grey.  The color combo feels unique and is certainly not for wallflowers, but even still, the outfit is far too "fun" to be "cool."  Even if the tee has a French phrase on it...

Anecdote from the day:  I know I must have received looks for daring to cross that major road on foot instead of driving my car across the street, but man, it just rubs me the wrong way to drive less than a tenth of a mile.  When I was growing up, you walked anywhere that was under a mile from the house.  Period.

I do want to give a big thanks to any of the drivers who actually, oh, you know, stopped when they saw me and the brood crossing the street.  Surprisingly my orange coat and my crazy children must not have been visible to some of the drivers.  I suspect their vision was impeded by the lovely glare from their late model BMWs and Mercedes.  If I was so special that I owned such a fine vehicle, I guess my vision would be impeded, too.  Chortle.  ;) 

(If you do drive a BMW or a Mercedes, I don't mean you, of course.  It's just a shame that the vast majority of the time I am harassed by a vehicle--either as a pedestrian or as another driver, it is usually a BMW or a Mercedes.  Sigh.)

Alrighty, that's it, I have been laying low here at the blog, but not in my real life, where I am pretty much constantly moving.  All the time.

P.S. Just in case I don't update the blog tomorrow (very very likely), I do want to remind mini Boden and Johnnie b. fans that the big spring sale is going to end tomorrow night.  The coupon I have in my sidebar does not stack with the sale items, but if you use the coupon, you will get the free shipping.