Monday, March 11, 2013

OOTD: Re-worn. Not Simply.


Day: Friday, February 22, 2013.

Where: School Run and Little Gym.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Outside of a tiny bit of itchiness in the sweater, the rest of the outfit was super comfortable.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I love this look and will happily be recreating it.  It is very urban boho and may not be your thang, since it has many textures, colors, and patterns going on, plus it is very covered up.

I called today's post "Re-worn. Not Simply." because I love all these pieces and consider them to be some of my best buys to date.  The only one of the bunch that is old is the jacket.  In general, my most beloved pieces of clothing are from years ago since there has been a terrific decline in clothing quality in the last ten years, but the sweater, skirt, boots, and scarf all harken back to a time when quality garments were something retailers strove to create.  (The belt is not super high quality, but I have been reaching for it a lot, so it is definitely getting re-worn.)

Wallace and Barnes Sutherland Sweater: Last worn here.

Liberty Floral Scarf (Tresco Floral Print): Last worn here.

Anthro "Bubble Jewel Circle" Elastic Belt (I have no clue what it is really called): Last worn here.

Swishy Jersey Skirt: Last worn here.

Blakeley Riding Boots. Last worn here.

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel: Last worn here.  But really, I use it almost daily.  Will be so sad when it is too warm and sunny everyday to be hauling around a dark wine colored leather bag. 

Downtown Field Jacket: Last worn here.  I wear this a lot, actually, but I only photograph outerwear when I have the time or inclination.  I usually wear this when it is n-a-s-t-y outside, and on those days, I really don't have the inclination, lol. 

Anecdote from the day:  I picked Rex up from school.  I then went to the Little Gym where he and his sister went crazy at their class (they actively encourage the children's craziness, which I appreciate).  I went to the coffee shop next door and ate some amazing homemade soup and had a chai tea latte.  That is all.

Okay, that's it for today.  :)  For those of you who know that Monday's are Boden's "trim" days, there was not new trim items this week.  I don't know why, but maybe it is because yesterday was Mother's Day in Great Britain?  (Happy Mother's day to all my UK/Ireland mommy readers, btw!)

Also, I have been so behind in commenting back.  You all know I am good to get back, but you all know I am s-l-o-w.  Thank you for your continued understanding and forgiveness.  ;-)