Sunday, June 30, 2013

OOTD: Baby Girl Graduates.





Day: Monday, June 10, 2013.

Where:  CW's Preschool Graduation.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) You all know I love my Barbados dress (first worn here), and I was more than happy to quickly wash it for my next "dressy" outing.

I had spied the adorable crewcuts version (sold out, but skirt still around) when the adult version came out, but I couldn't justify it for CW at the higher full price cost, but *the* moment it went down in price *and* there was a 30% off sale, I jumped at the opportunity for yet another mommy/mini sartorial moment.

The least comfortable part of my outfit is the shoes, since they pinch a tiny bit through the toes, but I love the way they add a fun neutral to the outfit without being boring old nude shoes.  ;-)

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)   Very pretty, and we all look so tropical that day (see this BWRR for what Mr. Dina and Rex were wearing).  Only tiny toodle (that would be Angus) was in something non-beachy that day.

No matter what, though, Caribbean cool does not equal fashion cool, so there is the justification for the "3" rating.

Anecdote from the day:  It seems like just a little while ago that Rex graduated (last photos in post) from the same preschool as CW.  I spent so much time at their school these past few years it is going to be really hard to adjust to the new and freer time schedule (well, maybe not, lol).  Angus will still be attending their school for baby classes, but it won't be anything quite so structured.  He isn't set to start preschool until 2015!

The best moment was seeing CW sing "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley with her classmates while wearing sunglasses.  It was adorable.

Okay, that's all for now.  You all have an amazing rest of your night!

Quick reminders...

1. Bloglovin' is going to be the only way to read your blogs if you depended on Google Reader to read them (and prefer reading them in the Google Reader format).  Google Reader is set to say bye-bye to its internet presence as soon as the clock strikes midnight, tonight, July 1, 2013.  I am on bloglovin' and I have noticed a huge upswing in followers over the past week.  I decided to import all my blogs to bloglovin' even though I only use the Blogger dashboard to read my blogs, since who knows if Google is going to keep that in the long run.  (Google gets rid of EVERYTHING--does anyone remember Google Catalogs?)

2. The Boden 40% off 40 items promo ends tomorrow night.  Just a reminder.  I wrote about it here at this post.

3. The Lands' End 40% off Customer Favorites promo is going on right now, too.  I will check into its expiration date for you all, since I can't recall it off the top of my head.