Sunday, June 2, 2013

OOTDs: Striped and Handmade.

Day: Saturday, April 27, 2013.

Where:  Rex's Tee Ball Game and Bethesda.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This Target dress is so soft and cozy, and even though I have worn and washed it multiple times since last summer, it hasn't pilled or looked worse for wear.  I also own this in the other color, and have seen many other women in it, so clearly I am not alone in my love for this dress.

It was literally a perfect day, nice warm temps without the oppressive humidity.  I don't mind going to Rex's games when it is oppressive, but it sure nice to not be all sweaty and gross by the end of the game.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Very average outfit, but pretty!  I love teal, and I appreciate that the designer of this fabric used chartreuse and brown as the complementary colors, definitely not what would "traditionally" be used with teal.

Anecdote from the day:  Just another typical Saturday in our family, way too much to do, with very little time to get it all done.  At least we are now sort of used to it, and from what parents of older kids tell me, it gets even crazier and busier as the kids get older.


Day: Monday, April 29, 2013.

Where:  Rex Pickup.

Ease of Wear: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Well this is a dress made for me, by me, but because I lined it in a cotton/poly that is not "slippy," it kept getting caught on my leggings.  I really wanted to wear the dress, so I just dealt with it, but clearly I need to only wear this one when the temperatures are warm enough to get away with wearing it with bare legs.

The rest of the outfit was super comfortable, though.

Cool Factor: (2 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  It is hard for me to judge my own creations.  It is probably cool that I made this and still wear it, but it isn't an especially fashion forward creation.  :)


Well, and I am wearing an old pair of Boden maternity leggings (SO so soft and non-binding), so definitely not cool.  LOL.

Anecdote from the day:  Mondays are pretty boring.  I usually spend the day updating the blog and commenting, shopping, doing chores, and picking Rex up from school.  Now that summer is here, Mondays will be a bit different, but they may become even lazier, in that I may just wear a swimsuit and shorts and be done with it.

(The grocery run will for sure disappear, though, 'cause this momma ain't crazy enough to take THREE crazy kids to the store.)


Day: Saturday, May 25, 2013.

Where:  Girls Night Out to J. Crew and Meaza.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This is another handmade creation, and while the skirt fits great, the sweater kept tugging the waistband up so the skirt felt like it was too short, which led to a bit of tugging.  When I make this skirt again, I am definitely lengthening it by three inches. 

I love this sweater, though, and was thrilled when J. Crew had it on sale for $70.  Cashmere at that price is definitely easy to swallow. 

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  The nice teenage girls and the young manager at J. Crew (was making a return) complimented my skirt, which made me feel so happy.  I know they have to be nice to me because I am a customer, but still feels good to be told your creation looks good.  :)

Anecdote from the day:  My friend #1 had never eaten Ethiopian food before and was willing to give it a try.  My friend #2 is like me, a regular customer at the area's Ethiopian restaurants. 

At the end of the night we were told that if we were going to be eating Ethiopian ever again, it would just have to be friend #2 and me, since friend #1 didn't like it, at all

Okay, that's it for today!  Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

P.S. I am preparing my "Boden Autumn 2013 Preview Picks" and will be doing a few posts over the next week, so be on the lookout.  If you have any items that you just love, definitely let me know here at this post!