Tuesday, March 29, 2011

J. Crew Reviews: Knotted Mesh Necklace and a Sundrenched Sweatshirt.

Have you all changed the way you are doing J. Crew reviews? I know I have. Since JCA's Alexis introduced J. Crew Reviews on Tuesdays, I find I wait until Tuesday to publish any reviews I have for J. Crew. I just think it makes everything way more seamless.

Speaking of reviews, I have the Boden Weekly Review Roundup almost ready to go, and I want to thank quite of few of you for e-mailing me links, info, etc. :) If I haven't e-mailed you back, don't worry, I have received your message and I am just trying to get a multitude of things done before the kids wake from their naps.

Alright, onto the reviews:
Knotted Mesh Necklace.  I ordered this a long time ago when there was the fabfeb (maybe?) promo which allowed 20% off all full-priced items.  The maritime dress was the other purchase from that promo, and I did a review on that a little while ago.

J. Crew's website said that it was backordered till April, but I received it yesterday.  It did have a store tag on it, so I assume it was sent back from the store when they switched out their jewelry cases.

This necklace comes in a golden color that I am wearing, and a silver-toned version.  I like how the color nearly matches my hair, and with the warmer colors in my wardrobe, I knew that I would wear the gold version more.

I love the overall look of this necklace, it is like a statement necklace but more subtle, with no extra bobs and bibs and gems.  I can see why it was backordered.

I still think it is a bit much of a necklace for some ladies, so if you prefer a simple strand of pearls or a chain with a small pendant, this may not be the necklace for you (that said, it could be a good "starter" statement necklace for those of you wanting to try the trend).

Hey wait, isn't that the same photo as above?  LOL.  No.  The chain has been extended to lie lower.  I like the versatility of taking it from near choker length to a bit longer.

The tee I am wearing is one of J. Crew's older tees, from 2005.  I am now consistently wearing a size extra-small in their tops.  This is a size small, which proves the existence of vanity sizing.  ;)  I love this color green, and wish they would bring it back!

I show this shot for three reasons.  First, those of you who wear glasses have no concerns that the two items together would be overwhelming.  I quite like how the necklace works with the glasses.  Seems simple and chic, really.  Second, the color of the necklace is darker here, because of the light, and I love this color...so luxurious looking.  Third, at the end of this post I will list all the makeup I am wearing (very simple mix, really) and for those of you who wear glasses, it is a way of showing how the makeup looks with glasses (which is important because glasses totally change the way your face looks with makeup).

Sundrenched Sweatshirt.  This is the electric orange version, and I LOVE it.  This color is really what drew me in, and I watched and watched and when I saw the numbers were getting really low, I jumped in and bought it.  This is a size extra-small and find it fit fine...just long enough and fitted in the right places.  It DID stretch out, so DON'T size up unless you want real slouchy.  (BTW, this sweatshirt is totally sold out on-line, but probably is still available in stores.)

We were headed to the gym here.  CW looks darling, doesn't she???

I want to give major props to xoxo who found these darling Liberty of London Bensimon sneakers for me at Piperlime.  She sent me the link, and bam-o, I bought them for a really, really good price.  :) Yay!  I am wearing a size 40, which fits fine.  (I wear a J. Crew 9.5 for reference.)

MAKEUP AND SKIN INFO:
I woke up feeling real rough this morning.  I had a migraine (fortunately nothing like I used to suffer, but still, blegh) and had to take medicine which got rid of the headache but it left me woozy and numb feeling.  No way was I going to be able to get Rex off to preschool.  But I knew I was going to take photos of this necklace, so I had to make sure I got my face ready...and keep it as sweet and simple as possible.

All of the products I am wearing can be found here at my Arbonne website.  If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to e-mail me at dinagideon@myarbonne.com.  I also have samples of many of the makeup items, so don't be shy! 

1. Wash my face with the RE9 Advanced Smoothing Facial Cleanser.
2. Spritz face with RE9 Advanced Regenerating Toner.
3. Apply RE9 Advanced Intensive Renewal Serum.
4. No need to add a moisturizer or SPF as I am not even leaving the house until this evening, if at all (I get really worn out by my medicine).  So I just wait for serum to dry and apply the Sheer Pressed Powder in the shade medium.
5. Apply Triple Action Mascara (always, always try to wear mascara--long lashes equal younger-looking faces, ESPECIALLY when you are wearing glasses for nearsightedness, which can make your eyes look smaller).
6. Brush eyebrows with eyebrow gel.
7. Apply lip polish in shade posh, and then apply lip polish in shade pearl.  Almost a perfect nude for me.

And that's it.  A good necklace, a great color top, and nicely brushed hair can help just a tiny bit when feeling sort of under the weather.  LOL.

Have a great day.  I will continue the post I started last night tonight.