Monday, September 24, 2012

Boden: Mid-Season Sale is Here!

The moving sun and leaf is kind of groovy...

Well.  One sale ends and another begins.  :)

As in the past years, Boden has rolled out a mid-season sale, well, literally, at mid-season.  (This, of course, means that we are halfway to clearance time, for those of you counting, lol.)

So the deal is that some items are 40% off (with one or two even being discounted a full 50% off).  Many items are 20%-30% off, as well.  And then there are the items that are not discounted at all (unless you use the sidebar coupon for 15% off).

Most of the time, the 40% off items are the items that are not selling well, for whatever reason.  Sometimes the items don't sell well because they are not seasonally appropriate, like is the case with many of the thicker jackets, a lot of the areas that Boden serves are just *barely* into fall, and in the case of the southern US, at least, the cooler temperatures that warrant thick jackets are still at least a month away.  Even if the item is seasonally appropriate, the item may just be not practical enough to justify buying it early and near full price.

In other cases, the item's patterns or colors throw people off, and while wonderfully designed and executed, the folks looking to buy it are not willing to chance it on themselves at full price.

So enter this type of sale which just is begging for those folks who are tempted by something, but not enough to buy at full or near full price, to give something a chance at near clearance price.  (If it were clearance time, these items would likely be around 50-60% off, but real clearance time is December, and if you are like me, you want to wear them before that point.)

I was intrigued by a few pieces, but even at 25%, my budget couldn't stretch enough to get them.  BUT--with the 40% off--I did grab two items that I had on my wishlist for a long time. 

Funnel Neck Jacket.  Was $148, now $88.80. The short jacket shape combined with the stand-up collar has my name written all over it.  Clearly I am the only person who believes that, as this particular jacket has been languishing at full price (or near full price).  I have no idea if it will even sell well at 40% off, but since I know I can likely wear it here right now, at least in the mornings and evenings when the temps dip to near 50, it is worth it to me at 40% off.  :) 

Only the turmeric and grey colors are 40% off, the black is 30% off.

Boho Dress.  Was $148, now $88.80.  This dress has been selling REALLY well in the solid and star colorways, but not so much in this adorable deco vine pattern.  Since I only wanted the deco vine pattern, I will take it at 40% off, thank you so much.  ;) 

The reviews of this dress say it runs nearly two sizes big, so I ordered it in a 4 long.  Just wanted to remind you all to look at the garment measurements before purchasing. 

Also, only this color and the red deco vine are 40% off.

Alrighty, that's it for this morning.  I anticipate being able to at least get my closet "for sale" items re-listed at the JCA blog later today.  If there is extra time, I would really love to be able to do an ootd post, too. 

Do any of you see any 40% off items that are worth buying at the new sale price?

For those of you on a mobile device, here is a direct link to the sale (which ends on SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30, btw):


To make sure you get free ship and returns on your 40% off items, use this coupon. Even though you will not receive an additional 15% off, the coupon will give free ship and returns on all the items in your order. :)