Hi, all! Happy Sunday!
I am going to be back to publishing my festive outfits soon (have the Christmas Day one coming up), but I wanted to get these recent casual outfits published soon so I wouldn't forget that they existed in my albums. I do that frequently. In fact, soon I will get around to publishing a series on outfits I wore to travel into the city with my kids. I take field trips with them around once a month, and we always travel by metro and do a ton of walking, so I have to wear something super comfortable (but still attempting my brand of SAHM style).
Okay, so here goes!
tunic from last spring over leggings. (The tunic is long enough that once it gets warmer I can wear it as a dress.)
CW insisted I wear the Alpine boots from J. Crew (from last winter). You'll see why in a few photos.
The necklace is a piece from J. Crew from a few years back.
double cloth slim trench with it (review of it here, for those of you who might want to grab it on sale).
You can tell my bro took this photo. He isn't really all that tall, but the angle on this makes it look like he is taking the shot from a ladder.
I also struggle with belts worn at my hips. Although I think these cords would have looked better with a belt, almost all belts worn at my hips ride up, even with the belt loops in place. Agh! Anyhow, if you have a fix for that, I am all ears!
The top is all sold out over at Lands' End Canvas, but this was one of the very few preppy offerings from them this last fall. Egyptomaniac published a post PLEADING with Canvas to bring back the more traditional preppy stylings that made them such a standout a few years back. I tend to agree. I like a lot of what they offer, but can I see the items on me? Not really. I prefer classic with a fitted look and a twist, and LEC used to be that, 100%. Now maybe 25% of their clothing is that way, with the other 75% looking like it wants to compete with Abercrombie.
Speaking of classic, those pearls were a gift from my dad when I was a teenager. I think that's a "thing," to buy your daughter a real pearl necklace when they are teenagers. I guess I will have to have Mr. Dina do the same for CW when she gets older. (Or I might just give her mine.)
Obviously the bag suits this outfit as it is an exact match for the top and shoes, but the color is a great neutral, so I think I will be using this as my bag exclusively in January and February (like my Andie bag was for December).
I love this coat by Elevenses. I have had it for six or seven years now, and I cannot bring myself to sell it. It is in great shape, has a beautiful interesting print, and fits well. I suppose that means I should keep it, but I sometimes wonder if I am deluding myself, that this coat is so hopelessly out of style that people are snickering behind my back when I wear it. (Well, no, that wouldn't happen here, especially since I usually wear it to Harris Teeter during "eldery people getting half-off groceries" day. I don't think Edith and Chuck would really be all catty about my outerwear.) ;)
Hope you all have a great Sunday! Talk with all of you soon!