Sunday, February 15, 2015

OOTD/Review: Mint, Mustard, and Grey. And Another Tilly.


Day: Sunday, February 15, 2015.

Where:  My house. Boring.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Again with the Turner pants.  I now own them in four colors.  They are up there with my Pure Collection tie-waist trousers (last photo, also worn with *another* Tilly Sweater**, lol) as the best pants ever.  I *do* own traditional pants, with proper closures, but it has been remarkably easier to just wear these ones instead.  (I will give a shoutout to the pants I have made since they are tailored to fit me properly, but I only have two pairs that I have made, so they don't get a bunch of wear.)

The temperature outside is 17 F.  So I am more than happy to wear the current Tilly Sweater, which was one of the sweaters I promised I would wear at this blog post.  I am very happy to report it feels great, it is keeping me warm, and is a wonderful color to wear on such a cold day (gives me the feel of early spring).


**Can Boden give some other ladies a chance at having clothing named after them?  Sophie, Tilly, Laura, Olivia...it is getting boring.  May I suggest Dina? 

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.) The Nike shoes help up the score, but again, a very basic outfit for a very basic kind of a day.

Anecdote of the Day:  Mardi Gras is Tuesday, but Mr. Dina's parents leave tomorrow.  I love making gumbo, and they seem to like my version, so I will be spending the next couple of hours preparing it.

Tilly Sweater.  Size 6.  Though the carnation color seems to be getting the most attention, it is this light aqua/slightly mint color that is sold out/low stock in many sizes.  I guess they ordered more of the carnation and navy, and ordered less of this mint color.

The 6 fits awesome, hitting right at my mid-hip.  The neck doesn't constrict, and while there is little shaping in the garment, the wool is lightweight enough to be drapey and show a bit of the natural curve my body has.

This view really shoes how lovely the knit is, the scalloped design is a bit unusual, and if hand knit, would undoubtedly be over the top expensive and would have taken the craftsperson ages to complete.  Fortunately for us, a machine can do this and we benefit by getting a sweater that looks more expensive than it actually is.

You can see the dropped shoulder line here.  It is not obnoxious the way some styles have been in the past year or so (especially at J. Crew, much to Gigi's discontent), but it is still present, and if you loathe that detail, stay far away.

I think this is the best representation of the color.  The color is amazing in real life, it seems a bit snowy with a blue/green undertone in it, but the lightest of blue and green.

This is not an accurate representation of color, but I wanted to up the shadows for dimension's sake so you could see the beautiful patterning in the knit.  Also, this wool is super soft.  I am not prone to itchiness when it comes to wool, but I read that others felt like this wool was also very soft and not scratchy, so for you sensitive ladies, this may be your winning knit.

Tilly  Sweater
Tilly Sweater.  Navy and carnation are fully stocked.  The mint is selling well.

Okay, have a great day, will be back with one last review tomorrow night (right before the sale ends) of my last wear of the weekend.  (I will be wearing the French Knot sweater!)