Thursday, July 26, 2012

Boden: mini Boden Autumn 2012 Picks!

Hi, all!

I arrived home in Virginia, finally, but not without an issue, of course, namely that of *almost missing the freaking plane*, but more on that later.  (It does involve a nail biting, gut wrenching, thirty seconds more and we would have had another night in San Diego kind of story...so it is definitely blog worthy, just not in this post.)

I had to decompress yesterday and most of today, but I had made myself a promise to get this planned post published tonight.  ;)

After waiting a L-O-N-G time for the arrival of mini Boden, baby Boden, and Johnnie b, a whole lot of parents were pleased by this current crop of cuteness.  (Well, most, according to Facebook, there are at least a small percentage who say THEY. ARE. DONE. with Boden because of how radically different mini Boden looks than past seasons.)

I like what I see.  I love a few pieces, in fact, but nothing is *OMG, must have right now*.   I will likely check stocks over the next few weeks and purchase when I see pieces going into the low stock territory, because some of these items I do want to get for the kids in my life, but don't need to get right now (especially since summer in VA last so very long).

So in some way, by Boden waiting to let us see the mini stuff, I waited to purchase.  Had they done a preview, I would have likely bought at least one or two things for each of my three rugrats.  Great for my budget, Johnnie, so I thank you for that.

(If you can't wait, and need a coupon, I have one at the bottom of the post and in my sidebar.  If you have a code from a catalog, you can also use that in the shopping bag page in the box that asks for the code.)

Anyhow, onto my picks!
*My affiliate program does not have the items loaded into their directory yet, so I hyperlinked to the Boden website directly.  If you click on the name of the item, it will get you to the product page.  The photo will not get you to the page like it can when the affiliate program has the photos uploaded.*

mini Boden homepage photo...I don't really think those boys are actually reading those books.

Button Pinafore Dress.  This one immediately caught my eye.  I see a more mature mini Boden in this particular garment, it looks like they took a Boden for women dress and shrunk it for the little ladies.  I would personally put CW in this yellow version, but there is also a mod 60s print version and a pink smaller floral version.

Fleece Lined Anorak.  This looks like your child would feel like she is wearing a cozy, yummy, printed pillow to stay warm.  So soft.  I kind of would like to have this for me.

Fun Cardigan. It has a rainbow-hued hedgehog on it.  'Nuff said.

Hotchpotch Jersey Dress.  The folks at Boden are going crazy for this London print, it is showing up in all the collections (including on a tunic for women).  I have a summer dress like this one for CW, and she wears it a ton, it is very probable she would wear a long-sleeved one just as much in the fall and winter (when they finally arrive here in this swamp).

Printed Easy Dress.  The company Tea makes a lot of dresses like this, and they are always favorites of everyone who sees CW in them.  I like that Boden is going there, and this pretty orange floral dress is one of my favorites from all of the collections this season.

Printed Skirt.  This is yet another London themed (Westminster) print, however on a white background.  I don't see a lot from the skirts that I am loving for CW, but this one may just find its way into our house eventually.  :)

Printed All-in-One.  I love this print, and think of how nice it would be for all little girls to feel warm and snug on the coldest winter nights.  The fact that it is an all-in-one gives me pause, though, since it would be a pain to undo and do up every time nature calls.  :P

Mini Rainy Day Coat.  The other two colorways are darling, but these multi-colored birds make me smile, which I would need on a rainy day here in the fall.  There is nothing yuckier (weather wise) than cold, damp rain.  Sads inducing.  ;)  It would be nice to know that my daughter's coat could help buoy my mood.

Sequin Ballet Flats.  I have no doubt that CW will want these.  In fact, I hesitate showing her, because this will be all she will talk about until we get them for her (she is in that phase, delightful...not).  Seeing that they are a 3 week delay, I best wait until at least mid-August before showing her.  That said, they are a fairly good price for an item that I know will get a great cost per wear. 

Note--if you have a smaller women's foot, you can wear the 36-39 size, easily.  Lucky!  If only they went up to size 40, I could wear them, too.

2-Pack Everyday Leggings.  There is nothing flowery I can say about these.  They are just leggings, after all.  However, for all of their boring practicality, the mid-pink color there is pretty nice to have for a girl who adores all things pink.

Twinkly Animal T-Shirt.  Aw, so cute.  The birdie's wing is sequined.  Love.

Love this tee, too...and the fact that they are making mini models pose like "real" models has me on the floor.  How big of a fan did they have to use to get all of her hair to do that?  I mean really, come on now.
Cord Baggies. Rex is notoriously hard on his pants.  He gives them a challenge to dare to stay in great shape no matter what he does to them.  So far the Boden pants he owns (he has a few, always bought on super sale at the end of the season) have lasted and lasted.  I will happily buy these early in the season to guarantee that he can have this color.  His cost per wear will be super low, I am sure of it.

Fleece Lined Hat. Rex loves skull and crossbones as a decorative element (definitely contrary to my penchant for florals), so I know he will happily wear this hat when it gets cold out.  For a boy that hates hats, this is the answer to his winter-related needs.

Multi Logo T-Shirt. Love both of these for Rex.  He will love the skull and crossbones (of course), but the other big thing he is a fan of?  Skeletons.  So a fish-themed/fish skeleton tee will be a hit.

I admit to being a bit worried that Johnnie and company were going to get rid of these type of tees for the boys.  I was sure they were going to go too "crewcuts," which means unless they had a couple of graphic tees, Rex was sure to only wear them for dress up reasons (church, school, etc.).  Fortunately Boden did not go too high end in their designs for the boys meaning that Rex will happily wear them daily.

Stitch Logo Hoody. Ooh, fish skeleton.  And this hoody will keep him warm.  Rex...mini Boden...heaven.

Twin Pack Long Johns. Once again, skull and crossbones.  Can you see my dilemma?  I would love it if Rex was all, "ooh, Momma, PLEASE do get me the darling gingham plaid button down and the pressed wool flat front pants."  Since I know he isn't like that, I will continue to buy him the over the top pirate/science-y type things he feels fit his "sartorial" self.

Vintage Toy T-Shirt . There's a robot.  And it's cute.  And there are blue sleeves.  See how easy clothes shopping for boys can be?  LOL.

Stripes, critters, and adorable babies.

5 Pack Bodies. Having just put Angus in the summer version of this (all sold out in clearance), I know that they are soft, well made, and stretchy.  Since babies move a lot and grow a lot, having the stretchy bit is super important.  Plus it has a truck print!  A lot of boy baby clothing is SO UNINSPIRED...bleagh.  I have zero desire to put him camo, which Babies R Us has in superfluity.

Everyday Trousers.  Like the leggings I picked above for CW, these trousers are really just very practical.  I know that if I get these, though, they will last forever, which is important, especially if I get them for Angus at around 12 months old, which is typically when babies start trying (and failing, lol) to toddle around.

Twin Pack Rompers. It's a darling set of wear whenever clothes for Angus!  The London printed romper is especially precious.  :)

Logo Hat and Mittens Set.  I know how hard it is to keep hats and gloves on babies, but these seem like they would actually stay on the baby, not fall right off.  The proof will be this winter, so hopefully they stick around until it actually gets cold enough for us to put them on Gus (usually mid-December).

I don't remember enjoying being a pre-teen as much as these kids seem to be enjoying it.  I think they're faking it.  Or else there was happy water on the set.

Jersey Military Jacket, Jodphur, Ruffle Top, and Tassel Loafers.  I chose to put the Johnnie b girls stuff together as outfits because I know for a fact many of you that read this blog can wear the sizes that Johnnie b offers (for me it all fits except some of the pants and skirts--especially now that they don't offer a size 32 in the pants and skirts).

Anyhow, this jacket reminds me of the Oxford Jacket by J. Crew, except much more casual.  The Jodphurs are adorable and perfect if you love the equestrian look.  The Ruffle Top is exactly the same as this one that I own from Anthropologie.  The Tassel Loafers are a cheaper version of Boden's own Leather Loafers (which I have coming to me in the coal color, new for this season).  (The only difference I can see is that the Johnnie b has a man-made sole, not a leather sole.)

This outfit would be equally at home in school or at a casual Friday in an office (as long as it isn't too conservative).  Add a scarf or a long pendant necklace and you would be ready to go.

Kilt, Pretty Collar T-Shirt, and Suede Ballet Flats.  This is a twee outfit, for sure, but would look so good on so many teens (and happy-go-lucky ladies).  (It would also be awesome on the show Glee.)  Add a thick pair of sweater knit tights, and the outfit would be more modest for those of you concerned over showing so much leg (the skirt measures just over 15 inches in length in the largest size).

The shoes remind me a whole lot of the Mila ballet flats by J. Crew, so keep these in mind if you want a cheaper alternative.

Okay, that's it!  I am so glad I finally was able to push out a post.  :)  I have an actual outfit post scheduled (woohoo!), so be on the lookout for that one tomorrow.

The next Boden Weekly Review Roundup is coming, but I don't know when it will get done.  I am sure I will finish it, but sometimes it is a matter of just getting inspired to get it started.  Once it is started, I have no problem getting it done.

Do any of you have any choices for this fall for the minis in your life (or if you so choose, for you)?

For those of you on a mobile device, I do have a coupon running in my sidebar for 10% and free shipping and returns, but since I know most of you see this on the mobile blogspot version, I have included the same coupon--but mini Boden themed--for you here...the coupon works for all items, not just mini, but I couldn't resist this little fella.