Friday, May 1, 2015

OOTDs: Blues and a Boucle.





Day: Friday, May 1, 2015.

Where:  School Mass and the school run.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This was very comfortable.  I haven't been wearing pencil skirts much these past few years (barring this one, which I made for myself), so I decided I would start off May with skirt that I love but haven't worn much.  (I last showed it off here at the blog and before that here.)  Considering how "dressy" I look, the overall outfit didn't feel stuffy or make me wish I had worn something less fitted. 

Outfit Details:  Sweater, handmade (it is May, and a bunch of people are devoted to wearing their handmade items daily in May, I don't have enough made for full ensembles, but I have at least a piece per day); Feather Paisley skirt and necklace, J. Crew; shoes, Bandolino.

Anecdote of the Day:  CW was picked to bring up the gifts at mass.  Rex read last year for his time in first grade, but CW gets a tiny bit nervous, so a non-speaking role is a bit more bearable for her.  I braided her hair special (we usually don't have time in the morning for braids).  Of course by the time I saw her at mass, her braids were undone.  ;-) 

Instagram here.


Day: Saturday, March 28, 2015.

Where:  Angus's Birthday party at the Little Gym.

Ease of Wear: (4.25 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I wanted to look nice, but I also knew that I would be running around after a half a billion children, so I knew I had to be very relaxed in my outfit, too.  The combo was fine, and the shoes didn't matter as the Little Gym has you go barefoot in the gym.

Outfit Details:  Sweater, Boden; pants, Loft; shoes, J. Crew Factory; scarf, J. Crew; glasses, Bebe.

Anecdote of the Day:  Usually kids parties have a fail rate of every third kid can't make it.  (Maybe even every one of two can't make it.)  We fully anticipated no shows and budgeted for that.  Yep, you know the punchline...everyone who was invited made it.  We paid a bit extra for the extra kids, but were thrilled that so many kids could make it.  Angus had a blast, of course.

Instagram here.

Day: Thursday, April 2, 2015.

Where:  Lunch with a good friend and packing for trip to IN/IL.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I was unsure if I made the right choice with these jeans, I was really concerned they would pinch and hurt, but I chose correctly, and they fit very well, nice and long (but not too long) and just enough wiggle room up top to feel right not like a vice.  The top I have had forever, and the shoes I wear constantly, so I knew those would be great.

Outfit Details:  Top and jeans, J. Crew; shoes, J. Crew Factory.

Anecdote of the Day:  You know, you would think I was capable of clarifying plans with people since I have been on this planet for a while, right?  Well I showed up to my friend's house on that day at the agreed upon time only to realize she wasn't there but instead was at the restaurant waiting for me.  Duh.  Sigh.  Next time--will clarify for everyone's sake.

Okay, all, you have a great day!  Talk with you soon!