Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Name is Vanessa, and I Would Love to Share a Cup of Coffee with You!!!


Hi, my name is Vanessa, and I would love to share a cup of coffee with you. Since we are in France, I suppose I should say share a cup of cafe with you, but it doesn't matter, the sharing the cup is what matters.

Since it is a Saturday morning and we are taking it easy, I have decided to go casual, but still a casual that makes men weep. Look at me here in my perfect jeans. Look how nicely they offset the cashmere vest I am wearing. Notice how the bow is insouciantly perched...not too twee...just a bit messy to let the world know that I don't take myself too seriously. My bracelet and bangle are perfectly matched by being unmatched. I have my long hair down and my nails are short. The lipstick I wear is the only real color on my face besides my natural blush.

And no matter how good I look, I am still going to treat our conversation with genuine interest...because that is the sort of person I am. Please, now, sit, grab that newspaper and biscotti, and let's start sharing the cuppa.

Brought to you by: dinagideon's obsession...the J. Crew Paris Catalog September 2007.

Enjoy the memories...enjoy the beauty!

13 comments:

Drewablank said...

This post is adorable! Or should I say, adorable! Oh, it's the same in English as in French...gosh, so much for my attempt. :p

This catalog makes me smile. :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love zee pic and your editorial. Eet eez so nice!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Dina, for the Paris post! I look forward to seeing more. Here's to hoping for an equally luscious Fall 2009 catalog!

tm said...

WHY didn't I buy that argyle top in chocolate?!? What was I thinking? *sobs*

Anonymous said...

I have this argyle vest in gray and brow--mayble I'll wear it this week.

I love that picture of "Vanessa" she looks soooo pretty!

HeidiG said...

Sigh...just so perfect. I love that catalog. I wish I still had it. So I will just wait for you to upload the entire thing onto blogger. thanks. :)

Now I want to paint my nails red.

AppGal said...

you're so cute :) this is a lovely picture. like heidi, i wish that i still had this catalog. classic, just classic. thanks for the memories!

Petunia said...

Love it! That catalog WAS fabulous! The recent catalogs have been a bit boring in comparison.

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Oh Dina! You are just TOO cute! I LOVE this post, too! Thank you so much for these Paris Catalog posts!

Anonymous said...

This post is sooo creative and cute!
Luvved it!

jacquelyn said...

In retrospect I am kicking myself for not buying more from that catalogue. I feel the same way about past season Anthro offerings. I seriously think the more recent stuff is not as neat and unique.

dinagideon said...

Hi, Ladies (maybe gents?):

I am so glad you enjoyed this post. I enjoyed writing it. I don't own any of the pieces, but I love this shot, so I decided to do something different when creating this post. I think I may have to speak for the models more in the future. (I hope you don't mind, Ms. Awesome...aka Vanessa!)

I totally agree that the catalogs have gone downhill...there are still luscious shots in every catalog, but man, there are a lot of misses. For example...May 2009...the lipstick and some of the styling is just questionable. Yikes! That super-pale model in that harsh red lipstick that is smeared on? She looks like a corpse with a drunk embalmer. :)

Have a great day...hopefully I get another Paris catalog image on-line this week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dina...I did a "Spin Off" post of this post you did with my argyle sweater vest...it's fun to be silly! I love the humour of this "skit" you wrote!