Saturday, May 16, 2009

Now in Color...My Outfit from the Tea Party! (Woo--Only One Week Late--I Feel So Timely!!!)

So from the annals of all things late...I am finally posting pics of the outfit I wore to the Tea Party LAST Saturday at 3-Penny Princess and her Mom-in-law's House. Seriously...you all have already seen this in something like twelve posts. :) Oh, well, I am sure some of you may want to see the Polyvore...




Here is the outfit full-length. I won't bother even mentioning the pieces because they are all on my polyvore (for once I could get every piece of the outfit onto the polyvore without substitutions).

I love this outfit. The colors are my favorites. There is something very "Southern Preppy" about these colors. I have been doing a lot of "SP" this week. On Thursday night I wore head-to-toe seersucker. I tend to do this in summer. It gets so dang hot and humid here (the air just sits on your head) that you have to pull out the fabrics that breathe. And because you still are expected to live your life and get dressed up, I have a closet full of clothes made from the "SP" aesthetic.

I was wilting last Saturday, but the outfit kept me relatively cool. But you can bet your bottom that I took this off upon arriving back home and threw on some shorts and a tank top.

Have a great day. I think I might get up my Mother's Day outfit today. If I do, I will actually only be six days late. (Ha.)

10 comments:

Petunia said...

I love the color combination! So springlike and pretty, and the Victoria looks great on you!!

Petunia said...

Oops, I mean the Bria cami!

A said...

You looked lovely in this outfit Dina! :) I have the same shoes - they're so cute and comfy aren't they?

Unknown said...

Super cute. Scattered boule looks good on you & the ribbon necklace. Love the shoes.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!

Cloggsy said...

A pink and green outfit - nothing better! You looked fab at the tea party, btw!

Tippy said...

love the top! i saw it on someone who wore it with a cardigan, with the collar out/above the cardi and it really showed off the top. super cute outfit :)

Patina said...

love the color combination and the outfit. you look great

dinagideon said...

Petunia: I do own both, so it's okay!!! ;) I love this color...so unusual yet perfect with so many colors! Thank you, btw.

A Bigger Closet: I bought the shoes BECAUSE of you! I had wanted the paisley (blue) at first but when I saw them on you...I took the leap. They are so perfect with so many things in my closet!

Gigiofca: Thank you! I think the scattered-boule gets a bad rap...it is a very versatile necklace...I wear it a lot!

luvallthingsjcrew: Thank you!!!

Cloggsy: Living in Richmond you must own a lot of "Southern Preppy" yourself!!! Hope to see some more of it this summer!

Tres Tippy: In the fall, I will have to try that look...thanks for the idea!

Patina: I could totally see you in this color combo...I bet you would look so nice!

HeidiG said...

You looked gorgeous in person and in the pics - love love love it!!