Sunday, May 17, 2009

So this is What Mother's Day Looked Like this Year!

If you have spent anytime at Polyvore this week, you have seen my outfit for Mother's Day. Somehow it was one of the most "popular" this week because it hung out in the "popular" section of the various groups I published it to. Well, yay!

I actually loved wearing this outfit last Sunday. It was AMAZINGLY gorgeous here. In this area we typically go from yucky, cool, rainy weather to HOT AND HUMID overnight. If we are lucky we squeeze in two or three days of perfection. That was what we had last Sunday. It was 75 degrees and sunny. I think God was blessing all us moms in the DC area. So, thank you, God...we totally appreciated it!

Here is the polyvore:

Mother's Day 2009!
Mother's Day 2009! by dinagideon featuring J Crew Clothing



Here is the full-length. I am standing next to my brother. We are at my church. Peter and I and my dad have been going to this church since I was 10. I even went to grade school here. One day maybe my own kids can go here (we are still members). I would even love to teach here one day. We'll see! :)

I loved this outfit because it was the right amount of color, fabric, and accessories for the day. The one warning I have is about the shoes. Rex decided to sit on the poor sandals and the turtle fell off. Sad! They are not put on the sandals quite in the same way as the starfish from the other Miss Trish of Capri for Target sandals I own. So I have had to buy some heavy-duty glue to place the turtle back on...

The dress is older, from last year J. Crew. It is very comfy. I bought a medium because I wanted it to fit longer. It is like wearing a really long polo shirt.

The necklace is the very pretty vintage daffodil necklace made by DianaP. The dress was the perfect backdrop for the necklace. I received a million compliments on the necklace from people last Sunday!!! (DianaP.--you have yourself a great idea here...)


Here I am with the kids in Bethesda. After church we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Louisiana Kitchen (which replaced Louisiana Express when it closed). The current Louisiana Kitchen is in a different location but serves almost the same menu. If you LOVE Cajun food, this is the best place to get it in this area. It is very similar to the food you can find in the New Orleans area. Mmmm. I do spend quite a bit of time down there as that is where Mr. Dina is from (actually SW Mississippi--but pretty darn close). Our favorite restaurant in New Orleans is Mother's and although Louisiana Kitchen doesn't have the menu of Mother's, it is almost as good!

After Louisiana Express, we went and explored the Bethesda Arts Show. We even ended up buying an original piece of art...a 3D Robot Face (it is too hard to explain--I'll just have to get a pic up at some point).

All in all, a great day!

You all have a great Sunday, too!

19 comments:

Jordyn said...

You look so pretty!!! Happy belated Mother's Day to you!!

ashley said...

yellow always looks great on you! i love that dress! i hope you had a great mother's day! :)

(original) Genny said...

That dress looks great on you! Color and fit:)

Patina said...

awwww, what lovely pics of you and your family. i love your dress and accessories.

AppGal said...

i love that dress! i remember it from...was it last summer? great accessories, too! sorry about the turtle catastrophe, but thank goodness for super-glue :)

KatyO. said...

Cute, cute, cute (the outfit, the kids, the brother). ;)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fab day. That necklace was made for you. Perfection.

A said...

You looked so pretty in the yellow dress with the lovely necklace. Sounds like it was a wonderful Mother's day for you! :)

Anonymous said...

That dress looks like my blue one from Banana Republic...RL pics on my blog...I guess we were thinking along the same lines as style...just different colors! Kewl!

Drewablank said...

That day was perfection! :)

So happy to hear that your Mothers' Day was fun! Being with family is the best, ain't it? :D

'Love the simplicity of the dress with the beautiful Diana P. necklace! Just as sunny as the day!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

I agree...you look SO pretty! It sounds like you had a FABULOUS Mother's Day! :)

3-Penny Princess said...

Hope you had a good one! I like that dress on you, especially in that color! Girl, you have great legs and nothing to fear from showing them. Maybe you should try one of the new (structured) minis?

Speaking of Louisiana, we were thinking of visiting Acadiana in D.C. for a crawfish boil.

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful! Your set looks great too-- nice combination. I'm glad you had a super day!

dinagideon said...

Thank you all so much. I really loved this outfit. :) I hope next year's Mother's Day is as awesome as this one was...

It was nice to hear from so many of you...I love the conversations we can have, even if on my end it is a bit late...

AppGal: I have no clue about this dress...I bought it on super-sale in the fall. Maybe summer? Would make sense, right? :)

KatyO.: Thank you...I will pass the word onto him (his ego is getting bigger by the day...seems a lot of you find him really cute...).

luvallthingsjcrew: I will have to check that dress out!!! Sounds very pretty!

3PP: You are funny with the legs comment and all... :)

I will have to give Acadiana a shot...sounds delish!

Cloggsy said...

I LOVE that dress on you!

Slastena said...

You look simply darling!Perfect mom!:))

HeidiG said...

You look great! so happy!! Love the dress & necklace. Simply perfect on you!

Unknown said...

Oh, you look so lovely! I can't believe how well the necklace matches you. It's perfect! Thank you for posting the photos. Now when I miss the necklace I can just look at your page and know it went to a good home:)

Unknown said...

I am *SO* glad you got that necklace!