Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh AWARD!!! #2...Love it!!!


Hi everyone:

The lovely and super-talented Emily from the super-pretty blog Champagne & Cupcakes has given me an award. SO COOL! Thank you...what a pick-me-up. Yes, I know I have to grade stuff, yes, I know I should put up my Mother's Day outfit, but you know what? I am going to do this first...because I SO look forward to nominating my most-read blogs. (Although if Ms. Emily or her nominator Ms. Gingersnap mentioned you...I won't renominate because I figure there are a lot of worthy blogs out there and I know you all will TOTALLY understand if I don't nominate you twice!) I wish I could nominate 25!!! I so have 25 blogs I could nominate... :)

So here goes...the info:

My queenly duties include:


1. List seven things that make us awe-summm!!!

2. Pass the award on to seven bloggers, I read religiously.

3. Tag those 7 bloggers.

4. Don't forget to link the Queen that tagged us.

5. Copy the pic and put it into your sidebar.


So, here it goes... 7 things that make me awe-summm!!!

1. I made it through a very risky birth (with Rex) and didn't die (although they said I was "this" close.

2. I teach 6th-Grade and am not certified insane (yet).

3. I happily had another baby, the beautiful CW, even though #1 had happened.

4. I am a geographical savant...show me a map...and I will show you how to get somewhere. Then I can get back to that place in the future (many years in the future, mind you) with no need of a map. I just remember where to go. This is one thing that totally freaks out my hubby.

5. I have elbows that can hyper-extend. It looks really gross, like I am suffering from broken arms. I personally think it is kind of cool, though, and will happily show it off to anyone who wants to see it!

6. I regularly eat Sea Urchin sushi (uni). Yum.

7. I was nervous about starting a blog but am so glad I did because I now have more friends than I have ever had before. :)


7 bloggers that I pass this award onto:


I know that I wasn't able to include everyone...but these ladies will each nominate 7 and I know they will include some awesome choices that I read and love everyday!

Now it's your turn!!!

13 comments:

Slastena said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me and CONGRATS!!!!

HeidiG said...

I so want to see your elbows hyper-extend. Cool!!

And I so need to do this, since GingerSnap nominated me...but I think by the time I get to it, everyone will be nominated already... And yeah, more to post, too, dresses I tried on today (but did not purchase), pants that I did get when I returned something, outfit of the day, etc. Ugh! And it's almost time for the bus stop pick up!!

Beth said...

Thank you! Thank you!! How very nice and sweet!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Congratulations on your award Dina! :) I loved reading the 7 Awe-summ things about you!

Patina said...

congrats dina. heidi, ditto for me too. Pracrastination is my evil twin

3-Penny Princess said...

Thank you for nominating me!! You're too nice:). Thanks too for sharing the interesting tidbits about yourself! It's always fun to learn little facts like that about others. I think we should travel together with your cool photographic map memory!

Drewablank said...

Congratulations to you too, Ms. dinagideon! I'm with HeidiG - we can be the ones "ooh"-ing and "aah"-ing over your elbow next time we see each other! :D

AppGal said...

Thanks so much! I loved reading more about you! :)

dinagideon said...

Hi all:

I am so glad that Emily nominated me...not so much because I want the award (although it does feel pretty awesome--heehee) but because I wanted so badly to nominate others. I also enjoyed writing my 7 things. :) I will totally do the elbow thing for anyone who wants to see it!

I look forward to everyone else's 7 AWESUMM Things (did I spell that right?)!

HeidiG said...

ooh, ooh, ooh, I've got an idea. Can you post pics of the elbow thing??? ;)

dinagideon said...

HeidiG:

It would have to be more of a video thing because at first it doesn't seem like that big of a deal but as you watch the process that is where the "gross-out" happens. (I basically can make my fingers touch but by turning them completely around...and it makes my elbows look like they are at a 45 degree angle.)

Maybe I will have Mr. Dina film it...

A said...

Thank you so much for nominating my blog for the award Dina! :)

dinagideon said...

A Bigger Closet: I love your blog. I wish I could comment more, but this is my way of letting you know I spend time over at your blog! :)