Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, FFM, and Results of the Poll on Getting Dressed in the Morning!

Hi Everyone!!!

Today is Fabulous Florida Mommy's Birthday. (Thank you, Gigiofca, for letting us know!)

I love May...such a wonderful month...the bad weather is gone, the flowers are out, and school is almost done for the year. May is pleasant and lovely, like FFM herself. I can think of no other month that can embody FFM's spirit the way that May can! So, without further discussion, happy birthday, FFM! :)

Also, as you read in this post, sometimes I have trouble figuring out what to wear in the morning, especially if my planned outfit doesn't work for me that day. So I went ahead and started a poll pretty much to that effect. The question was: What do you do when the outfit you had planned for the day just isn't "working" for you?

The #1 answer was my personal choice: Get out my tried and true outfits (those outfits you have that you know will always feel and look good on).

This answer's popularity didn't surprise me, at all. ;)

The #2 answer was: If it looks good, keep it on.

Wow...that is good to know. I may have to think about doing this...sometimes I have looked in the mirror and been like "ooh, this looks good," but then take the outfit off because I just don't think I can make it work that day (for a variety of reasons, but my comfort level is usually why I take outfits off and put my tried and trues off).

The rest of the answers were barely registering with you, but they all got one to five votes a piece, except for the answer that read, "give up, call in sick, go back to bed." That had no votes. :) Good to know!

My dad and my friend were the ones who voted for the answer "If I could, I would go naked." Haha. ;)

What should my next poll be on? I love polls...they marry my love of getting to know people and math and statistics. Give me some feedback...I would love to have a poll for every week my blog is up and running!

3 comments:

HeidiG said...

You linked to the Easter outfit? I was hoping it would be the lame outfit. :)

Poll ideas -
-Favorite J Crew color this season?
-How much more/less did you spend during Mickey card madness (% or $)?
-now that the Mickey card expired, how long before you shop at JC again?
-Michelle vs. Jackie...the cardi version of Celebrity Death Match.

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Oh Dina...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so touched and thankful! You are just so sweet! :)

I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to respond last night...I had an unbelievable encounter at the Market yesterday afternoon and told the story on my blog. Needless to say, it was not a good experience, at all.

dinagideon said...

HeidiG: LOVE the ideas. One of them will be appearing very soon.

FFM: You are so welcome. I hope you are feeling better after your awful experience. You are still in my prayers...