Thursday, May 28, 2009

Review of a Dress I Actually Wore to School...No Holes, Everyone!!! (CHEER!!!)

Let me start by saying that I have commented back on the last three blog entries I did...but just in case you haven't checked my comments lately...I have had to insert this clause to all my latest commenting:

From this point until the end of the school year, I will only be able to general comment back unless a specific question is asked. I hate this because I love the conversations we have so much, but something has to give in my short supply of time. :) I know you all are fine with this...but better for me to let you know what is going on rather than you all thinking I am ignoring you...which I would never, ever do!

I CANNOT wait until June 24, 2009, because this is the date that I anticipate that I can actually start resuming my favorite type of commenting...responding to everyone...I have a lot of fun writing back to what you all have written...

I am sure some of you all have noticed that I am not commenting as much on your wonderful posts, either, and I anticipate that will resume with full force around the same time. :) So YAY for school almost being done!!! So long, sixth-graders!


Okay...I officially LOVE the jersey dresses by J. Crew. They come in these fantastic colors and the material is so soft and stretchy and drapey and almost everyone I have seen wearing them looks so great! So good on you, J. Crew for going full-steam ahead with more dresses in this material.

I happen to own a few dresses in this material and they are my go-to favorites for dressy casual in the summer and spring. It feels so good to slip on just a dress and some sandals and just go. These dresses are the epitome of breezy.

In January, I fell in love with the Sara dress. Unfortunately by the time they went on sale, they were sold out in all of the smalls (the size I wear in the jersey dresses). Sigh. But then the June arrivals appeared and I nearly fell over from my excitement. (Well, I was sitting when I saw it, so I guess I would have fallen 2o inches, but still...) The dress I fell in love with is the one I am wearing above and the one that you can find here at jcrew.com. It is called the dressy jersey cinched dress and it is 78 well-spent dollars (well, I got it for 20% off).

Summerilla also owns it and looks so pretty in it.

You can also buy it in a grey color. (I wish it came in other colors...if they had this in tea rose or orange, I would so buy them...)

When you go on jcrew.com to check it out, notice that the model has her sleeves all scrunched up so it looks like it is sleeveless. Yes you can do that, but it is a lot of trouble. I happen to LOVE cap-sleeves, so I am going to keep it this way, but if you want, that way is another option.

As you can see, the small fits well. I would encourage all ladies who buy it to think, "it has a lot of material...so unless I am exceptionally busty...buy smaller." Since I have more junk in my trunk than on top...I definitely went with a small. I am wearing a cami because I cannot reveal that much of me at school...no way, no how. Plus the peek of color looks pretty! Any other color camis that you all think I should try with this?


Here is the back of the dress. Obviously a pleat got caught, which is why one part looks a bit askew. Don't worry, when you move, the skirt moves too. The skirt was not permanently like that all day.

I put this up so I could show how I think the belt part is meant to be wrapped in back so you can do the bow in front (very top photo). I really like the belt...such a fabulous way to cinch your upper-waist.


And I couldn't resist...Rex came up to me while I was about to take my last shot and flung himself into my arms. He had just woken up (which is why his eyes are barely open) and demanded a hug. Swoon. I love little kids and their affection. They often don't hug and kiss freely if there is something else distracting them, so the times they do give it...so very special.

You all have a nice day...Hope some of you will consider this dress...

16 comments:

Drewablank said...

Darn it all! This enabling has go to stop! You all look so fabulous in everything, I have to go out and immediately buy one for myself! ;P

I love jersey in general...so soft and comfy!

Unknown said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! So easy and breezy ... I always thought that dress had a fresh grecian flare to it, and it certainly does on you.

Beth said...

You look great in green! (like I have said before). Good luck with the end of school!

tm said...

Do you have one of the molten metallic tanks? That could be a fun top to wear underneath...

AppGal said...

beeeautiful! i am so excited to get mine...it shipped today! :)

Cate said...

Very cute dress. I think it would be cute with a light (or bright) pink cami. or light blue.

Kat said...

That dress looks great on you! I ordered it during the 20% off, too, but I didn't like it :( Maybe I should have ordered the small?

Summerilla said...

Yea! This dress looks fabulous on you, you really look amazing in shades of green. I talked to someone at J.Crew today and they are overnighting me a new one and I will just return the other Saturday.

HeidiG said...

Love this on you. Color is gorgeous! I am big fan of easy & brezy for the summer - love my summer dresses. Love Rex in the last pic, too!

Sigh, maybe there will be one on the racks that someone returned and I can try it on.

Emily said...

This dress looks great on you. The color is so pretty against your skin. Rex is so cute all half awake.

starla729 said...

you look fab! i must check this out for myself... looks better on you than the jcrew model :)

JNJ said...

That shade is so your color. I think a pop of a cami in amethyst, aquamarine or rose underneath would be pretty. That green goes with practically everything.

Moda said...

The dress looks very very good on you. Love the color.
I want to buy the same color, I always want a jersey dress.

AppGal said...

So regarding tee/tank choices underneath...i tried a cream color tank with a ruffle across the top today for church (i HAD to wear my new dress today, of course) and it looked really pretty. last night, when I was trying it on for hubby, I tried a deep pink/fuchsia tank and it looked nice too, although hubby didn't like it as much (but he doesn't like color, so i take his opinion with a grain of salt, hehe) The pink made it look even more tropical!

dinagideon said...

Hi all!!! After wearing the jersey dress all day last week, I am happy to report it stood up very well. I think I might have one more wear before I launder it (definitely gentle cold cycle and line dry). I think I will wear a contrasting cami...I loved some of your ideas...they sound lovely!

Thank you for commenting...and based upon others' blogs...I see that there are a lot of fans out there...

Tastymoog: I don't own a metallic cami, but if I see one for real cheap, I may pick one up just to try it!

Kat: Try to reorder the small. Mine fit like a glove. :)

You all have a good day. I am starting to feel a wee bit better so that makes me happy! ;)

sparrowsandsparkles said...

I just love that dress. Thanks for the great review and sizing advice!! :)