I have been planning this post FOREVER, but I have been a teensy-weensy bit busy and what was supposed to have been published a few weeks ago is finally getting to see the light of day! YAY!
I have been mulling over my course of action for the next few years, and realized as much as I love subbing and teaching, they are sporadic and don't 100% allow us the flexibility that we need in a family full of toddlers. And since there is some talk between Mr. Dina and me about the possibility of future rugrats (just the talking stage, promise), I may be out of the traditional working world for a while to come. :)
For years, my dear friend Holly has sold me Arbonne, and for years I happily bought wonderful creams, elixirs, facial washes, makeup, etc. at full price from her and went on with my life as very much over-taxed mom and full time teacher.
And then this year as a SAHM hit me. And as much as I love it, and am willing to take the financial hit that comes with losing a NOVA teacher's salary, it does make me want to look and see what is out there in the world for a hard worker who is eager and responsible, but in the most family-friendly environment possible. Enter Holly...all those years she sat watching me buy and enjoy and look good using Arbonne's products...every once in a blue moon she would mention that I could join her team and help her sell the products. Problem is, I am not the best sales person (even with all my years of retail). She was very understanding and let it go. Then this year happened, and I thought, wait a second...I can do this. I do not expect to ever get as far as Holly has, but with her mentoring and help, I hope to at least start something beautiful with this new venture.
Since I have started this blog, many of you have mentioned my "glow." It always makes me laugh because that is always the code word for "pregnant." ;) In reality, it is from a long partnership with my skin and Arbonne. My favorite skin cream ever is from their Revelage line and I have to say, as someone with Rosacea and sun damage (especially on my hands), this line of products has turned my skin around. I truly give credit where credit is due. (I also want to point out that I do wear a little makeup, but rarely is it ever heavy or caked on...in fact, I would say that 90% of the photos you see of me I am wearing little more than powder, a touch of gloss, and mascara.)
It got to the point where Holly was all, "Dina, get on it...I know that we can make this work...between your blog, our friendship, and how much fun we have together, I can see this being a very good thing for you as a SAHM." So I jumped on in...
And to celebrate this, I am hosting a giveaway...
Above is the photo of the three items you will receive if you win! This is a set of items from Arbonne's Seasource Spa Detox line. I happen to love and use this line a lot. I am a HUGE bath person, and what initially got me into Arbonne was the Seasource Detox Spa Purifying Sea Soak. I take one packet, once a week and just soak for thirty minutes of bliss. (Mr. Dina ALWAYS lets me have that time!) After, I definitely apply some of this yummy cream, as it is super-hydrating and lasts a LONG time (I suffer from parched skin, and this cream helps with keeping my skin supple).
What you will receive if you win:
1. FULL-SIZE SeaSource Detox Spa Re-Mineralizing Body Lotion 24H.
2. Bath Pillow (inflatable).
3. One Packet of the Seasource Detox Spa Purifying Sea Soak.
Leave a comment on this post, with your name. Don't worry about e-mail, as Disqus gives that to me. I will keep the giveaway open for a week and announce the winner next Wednesday, May 12th, 2010.
If you have troubles using Disqus, please e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com and I will personally enter you using my Disqus account. :)
Above is the photo from our Blog Business Bash that I held at my home on April 17. Holly is the very pregnant one. :) She said she wanted to make it through this party before giving birth. She held off and had her lovely, gorgeous son Max on April 26th. Congratulations, Holly, and thanks for making this day such a good time.
Don't you love that Drewablank and I are BOTH wearing the sunshine peonies cardigan? I wore it specifically because she said she wanted this cardi, and I thought I could let her see mine. When she walked in the door, I fell on the floor laughing. :) Only JCAs got it (Holly and Dori--she's is the beautiful one in purple--sort of chuckled, but drewablank and I were DYING). UPDATE: LOL. I forgot to mention sizes when I published this morning. I am wearing a small cardigan, an extra-small sequined tank, a size 8 double serge cotton pencil skirt, and size 9 flip-flops! :)
Okay, so before I go, I want to mention a few more things:
1. I am still 100% focused on My Superfluities being about fashion, kids, SAHM stuff, etc. I will be doing "Arbonne Afternoons" (love alliteration) every week or so. This will be a time when I highlight one product I use and love. I will only ever recommend something that I personally have tried.
2. If you ever have any questions about Arbonne, please e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT come. I will be quick and prompt. If I don't know an answer to something, I will let you know, and I will speak with Holly and get back to you as soon as I can.
3. Once you decide you would like to give Arbonne a go, I will send out samples to you. Again, e-mail me at dinagideon AT aim DOT com, and I will take good care of you and your skin. :) I definitely suggest using the samples BEFORE ordering from Arbonne, especially if you have never used Arbonne before. That is why I am here, to help you out, and I want only the best for you and your skin!
4. The right side of my blog, at the very top, under the darling picture of my kids (my banner shot), is a bling-y button that is my Arbonne shop on-line button. The instructions are pretty easy, but just in case, here they are: 1. Click on the bling-y button. 2. Scroll to "Sponsor's ID" Space... 3. Enter 18107967. Fill Your Cart. 4. Enjoy Shopping!!!
Okay, post done. I am glad I was able to explain to you my new business, and I hope that you will consider supporting me, if you can! :) THANK YOU!
P.S. I just noticed I have 200 followers. WOO! Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you! UPDATE: Oh, the sadness. I *had* 200 followers, but sometime between the publishing of this post and coming home, I lost one. Ah, well, c'est la vie. Will celebrate 200 at some other point! ;)