Monday, June 4, 2012

J. Crew OOTD: No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Gardenshade Floral.

Well, this outfit is only from a few weeks ago, so I guess I am sort of not really current. I can tell these are older images because of the size of Angus (*relatively* small), and from how short my bangs are (my hubby's barber's wife cut them a teeny bit too short, oops).
 
I really like the way the outfit has the prep with the spindrift sweatshirt, the girly with the shoes and the skirt, and the edgy with the bag.  It was also really easy to wear, especially since I bought the skirt one size too big (which ended up being fine as it gave me a bit more length because I could pull it down further on my hips). 

The skirt is an 8, for what it's worth.  In cotton pencil skirts, I usually wear a 6.

My hubby took these photos of me, since I had lost the original ones from the week prior (thanks a lot, corrupt SD card).  I kind of didn't mind that the images were lost, though, I ended up wearing the outfit again to hang out with CW one night.  She even dressed up, too.  Girls night out and all.  ;)

We have such an expanse of brick on the one wall of our house, I don't have to look very far for a good background for my outfits of the day.  (Having said that, I still prefer to use the trees as my background.  You see the trees in most of my outside shots.  My inside shots are always in my hallway with the boring white closet door behind me.  Yawn.)

I like this detail shot, really gives you an idea of the play of textures, colors, and patterns.

So teeny!  He can't wear that onesie anymore (tear).

No. 2 pencil skirt in gardenshade floral IRL.

Above is the polyvore of this outfit.

Okay, that's it!  I should be back tomorrow with either another installment of ROYGBIV (we are up to blue!), another "inspired by" post, or maybe some reviews (got to get to J. Crew/Madewell in Miami, so nice and rare in my life nowadays).

Enjoy this splendid June day!