Tuesday, November 25, 2014

OOTDs: Casual Substitute Teacher.

Hi, all!  Before I start, I want to let you know that I heard from the Boden affiliate regarding Boden's Black Friday sale.  It's decent, but not as amazing as I have seen in the past.  This definitely means Boden is doing well this year, which *yay* for them, but for sale shoppers, *boo*.  Anyhow, it is still better than we have seen for the most part this season, so worth it if you have items you would like to purchase. 

Because of this, I would love to publish a long overdue Boden Weekly Review Roundup tomorrow morning.  I have most of the regulars' blog posts saved, but if you have reviewed something and you are afraid I will miss it, do send me an email at dinagideon AT aim DOT com or go ahead and drop the link in a comment over at the Boden Reviews tab.  If you don't have a blog, you are always welcome to leave a review at the Boden Reviews tab.  If you get the the review to me by tomorrow, I will make sure to include it in the BWRR.

Alrighty, onto some casual substitute teacher looks.

I normally go for more dressy when subbing, but the past few weeks of subbing have included working with active little ones (think second grade and younger--and chaperoning one field trip), so I knew I wanted to be ready for anything they could throw my way, which means going for sneakers, tunics, leggings, and the like.  I have had dressier substitute looks, but those were when I was with older students, so I am saving those looks for another post.

I am going to dispense with the anecdote of the day as there really isn't much I can tell about my days subbing, plus it makes writing these posts a touch easier.  Yay for ease, right?


Day: Thursday, November 20, 2014.

Where:  Chaperoning Rex's class's field trip to the Air and Space Museum.

Ease of Wear: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I think the potential for comfort was there, but because the jeans rise was a touch low and the shirt's tails were a bit high (read: short), the outfit was not as comfy as it is pictured here.  In reality I had to untuck the shirt and kind of hide it behind the vest to maintain this look.  And since I am a fussmonster, this bugged me all day.  I probably should have just given up the vest and worn it as a shirt/jeans/cute shoes combo instead.  Oh, well.

At least the new balance 620 sneakers (did my initial review of them here) were insanely comfortable for running around after my son and his kind of crazy second grade friends (said as a devoted mom of a wild and crazy second grader herself).  ;-)

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  The shoes are the coolest part of this outfit.  The shirt will always be my favorite Liberty print shirt, ever, and will be cool to me until the day I die.  Mr. Dina loved this outfit.  But he also wears white tennis shoes unironically, so take that into consideration.  It really is just a nice "mom chaperoning a field trip" outfit.



Day: Friday, November 21, 2014.

Where:  Subbing Computer for PK-1st Grade.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  This outfit kept me warm, which was most important since it was STUPID cold that day, and as long as that happened, I could have been wearing a burlap sack and been comfortable.

The rest of the outfit allowed me to properly keep up with the youngins I was teaching that day, and at no point did I feel like the shoes were too high (had purchased those last year from Boden), the pants too tight, or the cardigan too short.  I definitely will be wearing this combo again to substitute.

Cool Factor: (4.25 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I love the stained glass cardigan with a mid-century modern art look to it.  Feel like that element really makes the outfit.  I think the scarf was tied improperly for the look, though, but really, I needed it tied as close as possible to my neck to keep me warm.

Day: Monday, November 3, 2014.

Where:  Subbing for Kindergarten.

Ease of Wear: (5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  Seriously so comfortable.  Perfect for working with the 5-years olds I had all day.  They were exhausting.  I tip my hat to every kindergarten teacher out there, especially those of you without aides (they don't have aides in K at the school, only Pre-K).

The dress is part jersey so easy to wear, and when have leggings not been very comfortable?  The ancient tennis shoes are clearly fun, but kept my feet feeling great all day.

The long merino wool cardigan coat is one I bought from J. Crew in 2005.  I thought the silhouette was nice for our Virginia falls (not too warm, but just right for the cool temperatures we normally receive), but the real reason I bought it was because it was called the "Arlington" coat, I believe, and since I am from Arlington, I couldn't resist.  Still a great choice since it has held up for nine years and still looks brand new.  Ahhh, old school J. Crew quality.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Well, I'll be honest with myself...it isn't especially cool.  It is very fun, and there is no doubt I enjoyed wearing it all day, but yeah, it is very kooky.  LOL.

Okay, that's it for today.  I look forward to publishing the Boden Weekly Review Roundup tomorrow morning!