Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What I wore on Saturday to church and dinner at Moe's...

So I decided it was too cold to wear anything but cashmere and a heavy pair of jeans to church on Saturday night. Well, yeah, then I became stupid and wore my Allesia peep-toes in Root, too. Hmm, footwear over sanity? Yup, this time anyway! The Ava cashmere sweater in light spearmint is too pretty. I love this color. I think the collar is awesome at framing necks and faces, and since I would rather highlight that than my hips, there you go...the jeans are my lee riders (wal-mart--12 dollars, gotta love value)...and the beautiful, fairly impractical) allesia peep-toes. Only downside to this outfit? I think the cashmere sweater is not fitted enough through the torso, so it made me look kinda weird through the waist (or it could be the way I am standing to pose for this photo). Well, whatever...I will wear it again...I love the entire outfit and since I don't think I look like dog doo (some of you may disagree), this will be a repeat outfit.
Oh, you vixen, ms. stormy tweed lille jacket. So pretty and seeming so appropriate for winter but you really are not, are you? It was so cold that night and this darling coat was a bit too light for my needs. The Ava cashmere sweater did very little to help, either. Sigh...at least you are as pretty as my peep-toes, maybe you can come out and play again when it is March and a little less brisk outside. (It was about 30 degrees F on Saturday night--cold here for us in VA.)

Since some of you look at my posts to see the individual items up close...well, here you go. Look at the lovely detailing. I would NEVER had paid full price for this coat, but on way reduced sale, I did not say "no." I love J. Crew Collection pieces and when I can score one, I am very pleased...


No comments: