Friday, January 16, 2009

When you have a lot of J. Crew in your closet...




I have so much J. Crew and a lot of it is winter clothing. This means I get to be very inventive with layering and colors. Well, turns out when it is so cold (coldest in God knows how long)...layering is key. So my love of layering actually serves a purpose. :)

Black turtleneck--love the tissue tees, a fitted and soft layer to keep your body toasty. The Black candy tee is delightful...just enough flair to keep it from being a boring black shirt. The jeans are my Friday staple...I love wearing them when we are allowed. The jacket is the color for me. I refuse to wear all neutrals. One of the teachers here calls me "fluorescent." It's totally true...and I don't deny it! The shoes are supposed to be Savona suede ballet flats in sour lemon and purple, but I couldn't find them on polyvore...so I used the Jane suede flats instead in the set. I obviously am wearing them with socks...

Here is the link to the polyvore site: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=5875985

So I received a compliment from one of the kids...he said, "ooh, looks like you're losing a lot of weight." Smart KID! :) He knows the right thing to say to a woman desperately trying to lose the "baby" weight or as I like to say, "getting down to my fighting weight."

I am going to blog a bit later about my excessive obsession (you could call it a superfluity) with keeping my weight in a good range. It is healthy only in that is serves the purpose of keeping me "healthy." I am not sure how healthy it is for my psyche...especially since I have been worried about my weight since I was 20 years old and not even close to being fat...

No comments: