Thursday, January 10, 2013

OOTD: Nordic Tria.







Day: Friday, December 28, 2012 (if my memory isn't failing me).

Where: Lunch out with the family to Applebee's.  Mr. Dina received a gift card there from a client.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Not sweats, so not a 5 for ease of wear, but OMG, this outfit, for all its frilly twee-ness is so easy to wear.  The Tria skirt (one of Anthropologie's best ever) is a stretchy knit wool, plus the (largest sized 13-14) mini Boden Nordic Applique t-shirt is made from very soft cotton. 

Even my high-heeled Frye boots were comfortable. 

Cool Factor: (3.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  If I was an Anthro blogger, I would rate this a 5 of 5, but since I am not, I think we all have to admit that it takes a definite strong personality type to willingly wear ruffles, lace, thick tights, an appliqued Scandinavian floral tee, Heidi braids, and an over the top cloche out in public.  I am not a wallflower, so everyone knows.  ;)

I don't anticipate the Sartorialist or his love, Garance Dore, jumping out of the bushes to take a photograph of CW or me in this particular ensemble.

Anecdote from the day: Mr. Dina showed up at 11 am at the house and announced that the work servers were down and he wanted to do something.  I was still in my PJs (I know, quelle horreur!), but quickly got my act together, as I was going a bit stir crazy.

He told me he was going to take me to Applebee's, which I like, and he doesn't (he also hates Ruby Tuesday, the Olive Garden, and Red Lobster...I don't care, I like to eat...).  I told him we would find something his delicate self could handle.  LOL.  I was able to get a drink with his gift card (Mojito, yum), and we still had four dollars on the gift card after our entire order was placed.  So we purchased four mini-sundaes with brownies for a dollar a piece.  They were very very good.  Much better than the rest of  the meal.  ;)

CW, btw, loved that I wore the same tee.  Because she is four.  We'll see how she feels about it at 12.*

*When I was growing up, there was this mother/daughter pair that always went to daily mass dressed up like each other.  But the daughter wasn't four, she was forty-four.  That's right, 4-4.  It was a bit weird.

You all have a great night!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin