Monday, January 14, 2013

OOTDs: Fair Isle Dressy. Fair Isle Casual.







Day: Wednesday, January 2, 2013.

Where: Winesday at Whole Foods with my brother.  AKA the only time I ever feel I can reasonably dress up without people thinking I am a freak.  Also, far easier to dress up at Whole Foods than Harris Teeter (sorry, HT!).

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Almost gave this outfit a 4.5.  The Madewell sweater, Loft lace dress, Lands' End tights, Anthro shoes, and J. Crew coat were warm and cozy and comfortable.  What ended up dinging the outfit from the additional 1/2 point comfort score?  The fact that the heels are still a bit too high to be 100% comfortable.

Cool Factor: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  I felt cool. And chic. And pretty.  Nothing extraordinarily cool, but this is not my usual SAHM outfit, plus I tried wearing darker colored tights with a cream colored lace dress and tan high heels.  I must get some "trying" points for that, right?  ;)

The Madewell sweater is a lovely bit of fair isle in deliciously warm colors and in a 100% merino wool.  I love that we can still get 100% merino wool sweaters from a J. Crew sister, but am sad that we can't from J. Crew.  Outside of the men's fair isle I showed you all in this post, the other fair isle sweaters I saw from the Crew were a wool/acrylic/rabbit hair blend.

Anyhow the fair isle sweater is showing sold out, but maybe there will be popbacks?

Anecdote from the day: Peter and I spoke about how the store was definitely less busy than it typically is on Winesday nights.  I think it was because all of the transient population of the DC area was still on vacation and that the only people left were the "locals."  If you know anything about the DC area, "locals" are almost like Brigadoon, supposedly there, but mysteriously hidden from sight.





Day: Friday, January 4, 2013.

Where: Pre-bowling for my league since January 10, 2013 I would be out. 

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) Oh, I could have worn this whole ensemble to bed.  Only the bowling shoes were sort of uncomfortable.

Cool Factor: (2.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  The Pure Collection snood is kind of cool, but only because it has *vaguely* European roots.

Oh, who am I kidding?  The bowling shoes are super cool and definitely deserve a 5 out of 5.  {Sarcasm.}

Anecdote from the day: Why do they have claw machines that have pretty princess toys in them at bowling alleys?  WHY?

On a lighter note, CW really enjoyed bowling.  She did okay, too.  At one point, I felt like cheating and grabbing the bumpers for the gutters in my lane.  But I STAYED HONEST.  Dottie would expect nothing less from me.  ;)

For those of you that like the cashmere snood and the trousers, both are on sale and both are available with free shipping until the end of the day with code AW12TY.

Okay, that's it!  Any other ways I can style this lovely sweater?