Sunday, January 6, 2013

OOTD: Maternity That Isn't.

I am trying something new with my ootd posts.  The review posts will stay the same, as will any "family photo" type posts.  I just find that because I am naturally inclined to constant talking here at the blog, my ootd posts are being put on the back burner because I can't find enough time in the day to post, since I know that writing and publishing ootd posts can take between thirty minutes and an hour.  That's fine if it is a Boden Weekly Review Roundup, but not so cool if it is a post that (by its very nature) should be brief.  I hope this new type of writing the posts helps me be more timely in publishing ootd posts.





Day: New Year's Eve Day, 12/31/12.

Where: Grocery Shopping @ Harris Teeter with all three kids and my stepmom.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.) The cozy Boden Cashmere Wrap* (currently part of the clearance section) is so lovely and warm, utterly right for the slightly windy and cool day.  The silk top is from my maternity days with Angus (first seen here and then here).  Because of the way it was designed and made, the top easily fits into my non-maternity wardrobe, since it looks like the empire waist seaming was intentional, and not like it is a maternity top.   The Loft pants are the Zoe fit, so they are very straight, but the stretch fabric fit fine over my hips.  I still need to lose about five pounds before the pants are utterly perfect, though.

*Did a review of the Cashmere Wrap here.

Cool Factor: (3 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest.)  Well, the earrings help give this outfit an edge, and the retro velvet purse/clutch is distinctive, but the rest of the outfit is very safe and easy.  That said, maybe the fact that the maternity top is French helps a tiny bit?  LOL.

Anecdote from the day:  Let's just say I am very happy that I rarely have to go to the grocery store with all three kids.  Although there is one buggy with three seats, it was heavy and because the seat belts didn't work in the "kids seating" portion (the baby's one did, though), Rex and CW were able to escape their seats at will.  And of course everyone and their brother was shopping that day, so there were lots of near misses with other carts.  Fortunately, about halfway through the trip, my stepmom stepped in and took Rex with her to get a few food items.  :)

Okay, that's it!  Any of you former pregnant ladies use maternity clothing as an intentional part of your non-pregnant wardrobe?

P.S. Little birdies (everywhere, FB, e-mail, etc.) have let me know that there may be a drop of the new Spring line at Boden tomorrow morning.  You better believe I will let you all know when that happens.  I just looked over there, so you know, and there are "internal errors" aplenty.  I believe the process has begun.  

P.P.S. New BWRR tomorrow--lots of great reviews, etc., from my blog friends, so I will have something to deliver in the BWRR.  ;)

P.P.P.S.  (LOL, last one, promise.) Post took twenty minutes to write.  Woo!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin