Monday, March 5, 2012

OOTD: Making Sweet a Bit More Sassy.

Hi!  :)  I took a few days off, which I anticipate is going to be happening quite a bit more over the next month or so.

I do promise that (as long as I can) I will keep up all my coupon links and sale updates with regards to Boden (I know that many of you like having the easy access to them from here), but beyond that, I am going to give the blog what I can, when I can.

I know many of you have been through the drudgery of the last month of pregnancy before, so I know you "get it," and for those of you that haven't, I have no doubt you have seen others go through it, so I have a feeling you "get it," too.  And for that I am super-appreciative!

A couple weeks ago, I reviewed a Boden maternity frock in this Boden Weekly Review Roundup.  What I didn't show was how I actually styled it for my day out with my brother.  Although I wasn't having a super-awesome day (was at the height of my sinus infection), it was wonderful to get out with my little brother and my kids.  And in the best turn of events, my brother even paid.  ;)

(Everyone now, "awwww."  BTW, he's single.  Just sayin'.)

The dress is adorable on its own, but since the temps were only in the mid-50s *not complaining, btw*, I figured I should add a jacket and boots to keep myself warm.

I could have gone with a long topper, like one of my J. Crew double cloth coats, and worn riding boots, but in the end, I decided I wanted a bit more sass than sweet, so I pulled out an ancient black leather coat from Ann Taylor (best leather is always the one that's been in your closet for years) and the Madewell Hightower boots.

Necklace: J. Crew Palm Springs Necklace.
Sunglasses: A.R. Trapp for J. Crew.

The J. Crew Frankie bag in this shade is also a nice contrast, adding some more sweet to the black leather.

Now--and I do realize this--there is very little that could make me look over the top sassy at this particular juncture in my life, but I am glad with the fact that I could take my normal, SAHM sweet/preppy/twee/pollyanna self to something a teeny bit more edgy.  ;)

Close up of the jacket, hair, makeup, necklace, and print.

The leather is so soft on this jacket, btw.  Even "edgy," I like to have something soft to pet.  LOL.

We couldn't resist sassing CW up, too.  She was insistent on wearing the boots, just like momma.

Her details:
Coat: Missoni for Target for Girls, this was a real steal at 15 dollars.  :)
Skirt: Missoni for Target for Girls...also on super sale.
Boots: Circo Target.
The rest is her ballet costume.

My brother took this photo after we ate lunch.  This is, HANDS DOWN, my favorite photo ever taken of me and CW.  My heart literally melts when I look at it.  (Moms, you know that feeling...way way better than any other emotion I have ever felt in my life.)

Single ladies of the world...there he is.  My bro.  :)  He loves kids, too.

Sweet with Sass.

Above is the polyvore.

You all have a great night.  Go get your sass on...  ;)