Thursday, March 15, 2012

OOTD: Target Stripes Times Two.

Very quickly: no Boden Weekly Review Roundup this week...two reasons...one, there are literally only a few reviews, and they can be held off until next Wednesday, and two, I am conserving my blogging energy for the most bang for buck, and a smaller BWRR is not on my "bang for buck" agenda. ;)

So instead I decided to pull out two recent maternity outfits, featuring two of my favorite Target striped maternity pieces.

Dress: Liz Lange for Target, Body Con Style dress.
Scarf: J. Crew.
Shoes: Merona Meadow, another Target find.  (LOVE these shoes.)

We were headed out to the gluttony capital of the free world that evening, Texas de Brazil, to celebrate Mr. Dina's bday.  I am the worst pregnant lady...my tummy is about the size of a peanut and I literally was unable to enjoy more than one half of a plate, at least Mr. Dina had a great time...but I definitely looking forward to going and eating like a normal person (not even a gluttonous person, necessarily). 

It wasn't super cold, but the J. Crew felted wool double-breasted jacket I bought in 2010 was the exact right topper to the dress.

CW wore her Paris Striped Shirt, again (she last wore it here)!  :)  She also has on Target, with the pants and shoes, too.

The dress is more wonderful than it appears on line and in stores.  When I first saw it, the stripes appealed to me, but the very fitted look scared me a bit.  I picked it up and decided to try it on, at least.  It was far more appealing when I put it on.  I think if you are pregnant, and you have a belly that you like to show off, then definitely go for it, but be aware that your belly is very much "out there" whilst wearing it.  The review I had read of it (at target.com) also agreed with me.  

Body Con. Target Stripes.

Above is the polyvore of this dressy casual look.

There are stripes here, promise!  :)

Coat: Pea in the Pod.  You saw it with another outfit here.  Yet again, I wore it for exactly two hours, as it got far too warm after mid-morning or so.
Leggings: Madewell.
Shoes: J. Crew Lula Jacquard Ballet Flats.
Sunglasses: Target.

There are the stripes.  Love this sweater.  :)  I wore it last here in pretty much the same darn outfit.  Only the belly got bigger, and I have no scarf this time.

Close-up of the sweater and sunglasses.

So you all know, I am now TWO weeks from my scheduled c-section.  I am at once exceedingly excited and over the top anxious.  I have had two c-sections before, and admittedly, it was only the first one (the emergency with Rex) that completely went awry and caused the two of us to end up in our respective intensive care units, but that is enough to always ALWAYS freak me out leading up to delivery.  I have the BEST obs in the world (in my opinion), but I can't get over the fact that I was *this* close to an incredibly tragic ending for our growing family.  I am glad it all went beautifully with my darling CW, but memory is long, eh?

Okay, well off to go get some things done (maybe commenting back on some recent posts???)...

You all have a fab night!!!  If you are in the eastern 2/3rds of the USA, enjoy this weather.  It hit 85 here today.  Wow!