Thursday, March 25, 2010

Very, Very Quick Review of the Thicket Floral Perfect Shirt...

Ooh, you all, the new arrivals are up on jcrew.com. YAY!

Usually I am late to the game when it comes to doing reviews, but because I was in Vegas last weekend, I was able to take some time and go to the mall to check out some of the new items for myself (and grab some photos). Like gigiofca, I am going to be doing these reviews one at a time, although I normally like to put them all in one post. I have a lot on my plate right now, so I have to be brief. ;)

First up from this weekend's expedition is one of the three items I did buy (and the only one from the new arrivals). (I was feeling some of the others, and was definitely tempted, but I was returning the annalise tops--did anyone figure out how to style these and not look like a clown?--and only had a little bit of money to work with--did NOT want to spend over my return amount.)


Thicket Floral Perfect Shirt, Size 6 (so it fits looser than other perfect shirts I have worn in the past, OR I have lost more weight, who knows?). It is a Cotton/Silk blend and feels so soft. I am wearing the Perfect-fit swirling petals tank in cobblestone underneath, and the blouse wasn't so sheer that you could see the design or color of the tank through the fabric.

This pattern is so pretty in real life...ditsy florals with the prettiest blend of lilac, lime, rose, and pink. You know I love me some florals, and I just couldn't say no to this one. If it had been a predominantly green, yellow, or orange floral shirt I would have said no (I have a lot of florals in these color schemes already). Darn J. Crew, coming out with the one floral color scheme I don't already own. ;)

It also comes in a little girl top, which is darling, too.


I will often wear these perfect shirts in the summer as a cover-up from the sun, and this one seems like it would do the trick nicely. I love the tank, too, and went ahead and bought it in a small. :)

Hope that helped someone out there. More reviews to come later.