Thursday, November 24, 2011

Boden Weekly Review Roundup: Thankful Edition!

I know I have mentioned it before, but since the vast majority of you will be reading this post on American Thanksgiving day, I wanted to once again repeat my overwhelming gratitude to all the wonderful ladies who have helped me in the past year create a successful weekly review roundup for a wonderful clothing brand!  :)

I also want to thank Boden for offering such lovely goodies that all of us seem to keep coming back for more, and a special thanks to the genius who figured out that some of us love the brand SO much that a preview of upcoming fashions with a % off is a great idea.

To thank us, Boden is currently offering a stellar sale on all promo (non-clearance sale items) and full priced items, a whopping 25% off with free shipping and returns.  If you are like me, you may have already used it once, and may use it again for presents (hello, adorable mini Boden!).

The link for the 25% off with free ship and returns is at the sidebar (if you are on a traditional computer) or at the bottom of this post (for those of you with mobile devices who are viewing my mobile blog version).  I recommend clicking on this first to ensure that the Boden site knows that you have this promo, and takes the extra money off the cost of the item.

There are three reviews tonight, one of which is currently on promo price, so with the additional 25% equals a significant amount of savings.

If you would like to see an item on me closer, click on the photo.  If you would like to see a photo on a blog friend, click on the link to that blog.  If  you would like to check out availability, sizing, measurements, or colorways, click on the Boden stock photo to go directly to the item page.

Onto the reviews!

Boden Limited Edition:
Gorgeous Cashmere Cardigan, dressed very "low."  :)

Obviously I am sucker for embellished cardigans as they keep jumping into my shopping carts and I keep. buying. them.  But at least I wear them, right?

I wore this yesterday to go to the movies with the kids.  We saw Puss in Boots (high-lair-ee-us if you like kids movies), and even though the temp outside was hovering in the 60s (with t-storms, woo!), I knew it would be chilly in the theater, so I brought this super-thick, super-soft cardigan with me.  The embellishments were just an extra something something, but clearly you can see how this cardigan can easily work with a dress or skirt or even a nice pair of dark jeans.

So you know the tank is J. Crew, the shorts are maternity from Motherhood Maternity, and the sandals are Born.

From the side (I am 22 weeks baby belly, they think). 

This is a shorter cardigan, which Boden does a lot of...if you have a longer torso, it may be too short, but since my waist (non-existent though it may be right now, lol) is just right above the spot where this cardigan's hem hits, it works for me.  I like it opened, but I anticipate that when I get my figure back, it will look darling closed and paired with a brightly hued pencil skirt.

I chose this color, pearl, as I actually don't have a white cardigan I can wear as a completer piece for outfits.  It really did fill a void in my wardrobe.  I do, however, have light grey ones in superfluity, so definitely need to just say no to anymore in that color. 

If you open this photo, you will see the detailing a bit better.  Those beads are sewn on nicely to the grosgrain ribbon trim.  CW's little head kept bashing into it during the movie (she sat on my lap, yet we paid for her ticket, huh, how does that work?).  I checked as I took it off and they were all still on and very well, I might add.

I chose to get my true size 6 in this, and it fits nicely.  Only size up if you have a larger bustline or shoulders.

Gorgeous Cashmere Cardigan
Gorgeous Cashmere Cardigan. $182.40 Promo Priced, but with the additional 25% becomes an awesome $136.80.


Regular Boden:
Somerset Coat
Somerset Coat. Suburban Mom models the ecru color in this coat, and looks so lovely in it. :) I know she will wear it for many seasons to come. :) It is priced at $188, but with the 25% off it is $141. 

Twist Jersey Top
Twist Jersey Top. It comes in a variety of colorful prints, but also a very important basic black. Suburban Mom also does a review of this top (which I hadn't realized was nearing tunic length!), and also shows an IRL photo of it under the Somerset Coat. Very nice. I can see why she would keep it! It is normally $78, but with the 25% off its price comes down to $62.40.

Well, that's all, you all. ;)

Have a happy Thanksgiving if you are in the United States, and if you are in Canada, I am so sorry for having forgotten to wish you all Happy Thanksgiving when you had yours, so I am saying it belatedly! For all elsewhere, you all have a GREAT Thursday!

Oh, yeah, didn't forget, promise. Mobile users, here is a link for the 25% off with free ship and returns at Boden USA:
Boden 25% off plus Free Shipping and Returns!