Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fall Colors in Superfluity.

Since I am leaving on a jet plane tomorrow, I figured I would just smack out a whole bunch of ootd photos in one fell swoop, but because I work by categorization (teeny bit ocd, that's me!), I had to find a "theme."

I also was waiting to publish some of these because most of them were taken before you all knew about little Gus, and I felt like these would be better published later than sooner.

I do plan on publishing posts whilst in Mississippi (go wifi!), but it may not be daily, which I know is cool and all. ;)

BTW, you all said so many nice comments in yesterday's post.  THANK YOU!  I definitely feel good most of the time, but there are moments when a little boost certainly helps.  (Like this afternoon when my belly literally felt like it was sitting atop my bladder.  Oof.)

Onto my fall colored clothing...

Picniked the heck out of this photo, but the coat and turtleneck were begging me for saturation.  :)

I wore this on the day before Halloween, wanted to be festive without being too "in your face" (that will be in the next set of photos, lol).

Coat: J. Crew Bonbon, last year, size 6.
Turtleneck: J. Crew Cashmere, Winter 2008, size medium.  This is yet another item pulled from my postpartum with CW wardrobe (handy to have held onto...).
Pants: J. Crew Pinstripe Suiting Trousers, Winter 2007, size 10.
Boots: Aerosoles from a long time ago, worn constantly by me when the temps dip.

No coat here, but the necklace is Chicos.  I love this color turtleneck, I believe it was called Tangelo.  So pretty.  We had a few trees round these parts that turned this color when autumn officially showed up (first week of November, really).

Actual Halloween outfit.  I didn't overdo it, but the jack-o-lantern earrings are a bit much.  :)

Cardigan: J. Crew Cashmere, I can't remember what season, size medium.  Really nice color here, too.  J. Crew really does color well.
Top: J. Crew Drapey Sequin Tank, winter 2010, size extra small.  Here is the crazy thing about J. Crew, there sizing in tops is so wacky that even nearly five months pregnant with a small belly, I CAN WEAR THIS SIZE.  Nuts.  No wonder I go to crewcuts so much of the time.
Jeans: Maybe Calvin Klein?  Pulled from postpartum with CW pile.  Size 10.
Shoes: Cole Haan, Size 9.5.  I wear these a lot.  Very comfy and go with everything.
Necklace and earrings: Ancient and brought out exactly once a year.

CW is all princess, all the time.  That's Princess Aurora, if you don't mind.  :)

Really unnecessary to publish this photo twice, but OMG, CW's smile is darling.

I only got one good shot this day, but I kind of like it, makes me feel like I am some sort of warrior in this pose.  A pregnant warrior.  :)

Top: J. Crew Button Down, Fall 2009, Size medium.  They offer these all the time.  This is likely a suiting top, but I liked it layered with the Missoni for Target "dress."
Dress:  (Chortle, dress.  Tunic if you are 5' 6" or taller.)  I was able to order one item from Target the morning of the Missoni madness.  You are seeing it.  I had also ordered some tights, for around $15.  I mention the price of the tights because when they canceled that part of the order they sent me a gift card for $25 to say "sorry."  I appreciated the gesture, but I think in the end, I won out.  Huh.  Anyhow, I love this tunic, very unusual, not too much stripy madness, and the black panels are slimming.  Plus this tunic looks cute with a tiny belly.  I may even wear it later when I have a bigger belly, we'll see.  I ordered the small, and it fits well enough.  Obviously we'll see next fall how well it really fits.
Pants:  J.C. Penney, Duo Maternity.  I had these from the past two pregnancies.  These are simply the easiest pair of pants for me to wear while preggers, they go on well without struggle and they stay up well (although this early on I have to use the bella band to keep them up).
Shoes: Cole Haan Ada Low Heels in Nude, Size 10.   Great pair of heels, low heel, but high enough to improve the leg line.

I had a day out with my mom (she visited in very early November), so I wanted comfort but pretty comfort, so I pulled this one together.

Cardigan: J. Crew Factory, Golden Roses Merino Cardigan, Size small.  I finally found something I like with this cardigan.  Until this point I hated everything I paired with it.  I think the neckline on the dress, plus the dark grey color, work nicely with the print.
Dress: J. Crew Carly, Winter 2009 (maybe early 2010).  Don't wear this a ton, but I do always love it when I do.  They had a factory version for awhile, I wonder if the quality was the same.  FWIW, this was a size 8 and it fit fine over the belly, meaning that its waistline is a bit loose in general.
Tights: Target Assets, I believe.  Love the Spanx off-shoot.
Heels: Anthropologie, Miss Albright Prised Rose Peep-Toes.  You all have now seen this pair of shoes at least a half a dozen time this season.  I am so glad I was able to buy them (and on sale, to boot).
Headband: J. Crew.

I run "hot," even when not with child, but OMG, when pregnant I am literally on fire every day.  Hence I need layers.  With Rex it got so bad that I wore a sundress and sandals with an overcoat towards the end.  It was freaking February and there I was, wind whipping, and temps in the 20s, with no overcoat on, and looking like it was a nice mid-May day.  Only other moms got it.  Men thought I was NUTS.

Heehee.  I see a happy outfit here, but  really should have worn these with boots or at least a pair of closed toe flats.  It looks less odd with the Bella off, but only just.

Jacket: J. Crew Factory Bella, Size 4, coral color.  These came out one season post the original, so Fall 2008.  Love this jacket.  :)  Lucky me, I was able to get a pink herringbone version in a P6 (like a 4, but with slighter shorter sleeves) off ebay.  I paid near full price, but I know how hard it is to find the pink one, so I was stoked.  It is in great shape, just waiting for a "pink" mood to strike so I can wear it.
Tunic: Boden Terazzo Tunic.  Size 6.  Such a fan.  And its stretchy modal fabric is genius...it looks great when you are not pregnant, and stretches (without hurting the fabric) when you are.  Love!
Pants: J. Crew Minnie in twill, navy, size 8.  Fit fine that day, but were retired soon thereafter.  Could unzip an inch or so, but eh, no.
Shoes: J. Crew Collection, very cute, but probably too summery here.
Scarf: J. Crew Mohair, Winter 2008.

I like the top half better than the bottom half, especially with the jacket.

But when the jacket is gone, the shoes look okay.  Still not great, but better.  LOL.

I thought I had uploaded the shots of me wearing an adorable crewcuts collection cashmere cable knit sweater (woo, that was a lot to type) in heather citrus, but I appear not to have done so, I guess I will leave that one for another day.  :)

You all have a great late Sunday or Monday!  Hope you all don't work too hard this week...