Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Boden's Cashmere Tunic...

My finger feels better, all. It really hurt yesterday, but by the evening, all was good again. Now I have a migraine. Blegh. I tell ya, if it's not one thing, it's another. There probably is a front moving in, or as I like to say, "weather must be heading our way." Well, duh, of course, weather is always heading our way, but if you are a fellow sufferer of migraines, I am sure that really, monster big fronts (like the ones that produce thunderstorms from NY to FL) do you in, as well. I can't be the only person who gets headaches from crazy-butt storms.

Okay, so I wore this yesterday. I am only wearing my yoga pants and sherpa hoodie today, so need to see that.


The polyvore has all the info you need on pieces, please let me know if you have specific questions.

I REALLY wanted this tunic in the blue/brown color, but it QUICKLY sold out at bodenusa.com. I think the combo of a good price for a lot of cashmere made people seek it out. It is REALLY high quality cashmere, I have worn it twice for long stretches, and SHOCK, not a single pill to be seen, even under the arms.

Johnnie Boden said in describing this tunic "that all women deserve a ridiculous amount of cashmere," or something like that. Yes, a cashmere tunic that even in the UK size 10 seems like a lot of cashmere is a very good thing. I think it was originally like $158, but I bought it during one of those 20% off sales, which brought the price down a lot.


Sizes:
Tunic: UK Size 10 (or US 4-6).
Jeans: Size 31R.
Boots: Size 9. (BTW, I bought FOR A SONG, a pair of the metropolitan suede ankle boots off ebay in the birch color. I literally did a search, found a pair in 9.5, looked to see when it was ending--33 seconds, anyone--and bid the first bid at 149.99 and won!!! Obviously meant to be because I just sold something on ebay for 152 dollars making this a very even financial week--woohoo. Okay enough about boots that I have only worn around the house.)
Necklace: From Talbots and utterly lovely. :)

Talk soon. Comments on the New Year's Eve outfits tomorrow.

9 comments:

dinagideon said...

Okay, I looked the tunic up on-line to see what the exact words were on this tunic:

Every woman deserves a tunic made with a luxuriously large amount of cashmere. It’s the perfect antidote to a dull day, in an easy, flattering shape. And, to make you feel even more animated, we’ve also added stripes.

I love the way they describe stuff over at Boden. :)

Pamela said...

I agree, Johnnie Boden can describe a paperbag and I'd buy it from him!!! That tunic is super cute, of course! I love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the finger is healing.
Great job scoring those ankle boots, I cannot wait to see them.

Cate said...

such a cute tunic! love the outfit

GingerSnap said...

I know you've already got this one, but I left you an award over at my blog :)

Debye said...

I love that tunic on you and great find on the booties!

HeidiG said...

Bad bloggie friend, me - need to catch up on reading. Sorry you are under the weather. Need to get together soon - I have a crazy week of conference calls next week, though.

Hope you are all better today!! And yes, we all deserve more cashmere. I've got on my cashmere long sleeve tee in size L - one of my "better than sweats" outfits.

Tunic looks absolutely fab on you - the whole outfit does. Great deal on the booties!!

ajc said...

Hi dina, I am an avid reader of your blog but this is the first time I am commenting. I also love jcrew and boden. Let me tell you you look fantastic!!! And now I am kicking myself because I had this tunic in my cart so many times. Same size, too. I was not sure about the quality of cashmere, especially having a bigger surface area than a sweater. Glad to hear it is holding up well for you. And oh, I love the necklace too!!!

TarHeelMom (formerly JCAUNCMom) said...

Dina, just wanted to let you know I nominated Mid-Century Mom for an award. :-) Check it out over at my place, cutiepie: http://jcauncmom.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my-award.html