Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday is for Tiffany Rose...and My Winnie Coat!!!

Tuesday is Tiffany Rose's Day, so I pulled out my Winnie coat and worked it into an outfit. Turns out she wanted me to wear it with the Tutu top I wore last night, but c'est la vie. I actually am glad I wore it today...


Here is the polyvore of the outfit I created. I knew it would be winter warm (here in VA we routinely get temps in the 50s and 60s in the winter...just not lately...but I had heard it would be winter warm today), so I suspected that if I wore anything heavier than a cami I would swelter for sure (I run hot). I had not worn this gorgeous Serengeti top (which I purchased at Mint Condition for 16 dollars--you read that right) yet, and knew I wanted to, plus I had just gotten the Boden vintage inspired necklace back from the jeweler (it had a broken tie bit) so the outfit came together organically, you know, I want to wear a, b, and c, and look, a, b, and c equals an outfit!!!

Pants are different in the polyvore. I am actually wearing J. Crew chinos (surplus) from 2005...they have the button-fly.


Outfit with the opened Winnie...

Sizes:
Coat: Size 4.
Top: Size 6.
Pants: Size 10.
Boots: Size 9.

I received multiple compliments today on this outfit, which always feels nice, but I never expect. In fact, the first one came from the lady at the post office who was all, "I LOVE YOUR COAT!" I thought she was talking about CW, so I was like, "I know, aren't the dots precious???" She just laughed and said, yes, she loves the baby's outfit, but really likes Mommy's coat, too. :)

Then the necklace and the tank received a few "ooh, I really like that" at the coffee shop! J. Crew and Boden, these are some fine pieces that a lot of people like!!! Good on you...


Without the Winnie. I so am planning on rocking this look with a pair of sandals this summer.


Winnie all done up.

Have a great afternoon...later on, Ball Gown pics (but none of the ball, didn't bring my camera).

12 comments:

Summerilla said...

Oh I have this same cami and yet to wear it - I need to pull it out of my closet and wear it some time this week! Love the winnie coat! I wish I had bought one.

Rachel said...

I covet your cami - you are killing me. This post and the super cute outfit from the post before.
UGH

Rachel

HeidiG said...

I know...everyone loves the Winnie - esp in the dead of winter!

Love the under-Winnie outfit, too - cami is gorgeous.

BTW - I wore my Winnie today, too - with a cashmere cabin popover, of course since it's SO much colder in MD. :)

kater said...

hi dina! can't wait for the ballgown pics! Can you tell me more about mint condition? is that where you consign your clothes????

Elizabeth in MO said...

Love the outfit - I still wish I had bought the Serengeti tank! Love your previous post too - can't wait to see the review of the stained glass cardi - mine is on order and should be here in a day or two - I hope I'm thrilled with it! I also bought the scarf in the same print (NOT to wear together!). Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love your Winnie coat, you look so cute in it!

Beth said...

Dina!!!
Soooo pretty!! Yellow is great on you.
Glad you had fun in Richmond! Love your pics from that post!

Beth

Leslie said...

These a, b, and c definitely came together - what a great, great outfit! I love how all the colors go together without being too matchy. SO WELL DONE!

dinagideon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dinagideon said...

Hi, all!!! Thanks for stopping on by!

I have limited time, so I will stick to answering questions and comments that need it, but as usual, I know you all know I appreciate every word everyone says...

Rachel: LOL. Don't die, please!!! Your kids need you. ;)

Kater: The Mint Condition store is on Royal in Old Town, one block from King Street, heading south. (So S. Royal Street...) I consign my clothes there because the ladies who run the shop "get" J. Crew. In fact, one of the SAs there, well her mom works at the Pentagon City J. Crew...so guess what? They have a lot of J. Crew. Including my items. :)

tiffany rose said...

I LOVE YOUR COAT too! Sorry it was such a warm day and sorry I didn't stop by on "my" day (was out on unexpected business travel). Thanks for wearing my pick and you wear it well ... love it with the serengeti top! My mention of the tutu was a polite pun for ahem something else, remember when you started the giveaway, you thought it would be cold with the highs around 45? So I chose something we both love and something that would keep you ... warm ;)

dinagideon said...

Tiffany Rose: You are so funny!!! :) I love it! My dad actually called me his tiny tutu when I was growing up...haha...

I will wear this jacket again, and for sure on a really cold day, so no worries!!! It was kind of fun though wearing a warm jacket with a slight top...contrasts can be a neat experience. At least now I know if I love a summer outfit, I can wear it with the Winnie and still feel warm in the middle of winter!!!