Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cate, You Get Five Votes for the Campo You Prefer...

I have let you all down...sadly. I woke up with a terrible migraine, and although I took my medicine, oftentimes, and today was definitely an example of this, the side effects from the medicine were ALMOST as bad as the migraine itself. Ergh. Suffice it to say that I didn't get to wear the Campo de Fiore dress today, as promised. Yoga pants, a tee, and a lightweight coaching jacket were my wardrobe for the day (one side effect--I was freezing the whole day).

So here is the deal...please vote for your favorite of the two outfits (both options are in the same polyvore). Do you like the lighter, Option 1 version, with the lighter-colored tights, white scarf, and pewter flats? Or do you prefer the second, darker option, which includes black tights, the black tissue turtleneck, and the metropolitan ankle boots?

Every one's vote counts as one vote. If you voted over at polyvore, and then again here, you still only get one vote (sneaky, sneaky...). The only person who gets more than one vote is Cate, the person who originally voted for the Campo dress. She gets five votes. (No, you don't have to say which one you prefer five times, just once.) :)

Thank you all for understanding. I am feeling better, and anticipate that I will wear the Fresco tunic tomorrow, and the Frances cami and blush tweed skirt on Friday.


Above is the polyvore.

P.S. Thank you all for your wonderful comments about my ball gown outfit. I really felt very special. Also, isn't it a trip that the band Amaretto found my blog?

P.P.S. I don't think I have any events where I personally could hire Amaretto to play for me, but I will vouch for their awesomeness (they are really very good) if any of you all have a need for a band!!! ;)

18 comments:

J.CrewJD said...

Love both options... but I am leaning toward option 2! Love that dress, I wish they weren't so expensive on ebay :(

kristin said...

Both are cute, but my vote goes to option #2!

Erin said...

I'll be the rebel and vote for Option 1. I like the lighter tights, but I'm not generally a fan of black tights unless I'm wearing a dark skirt/dress.

Cate said...

Hm... I think I like option 2 the best. both are cute though. Hope you feel better!

Janiece said...

oooh tough choice! i'm going with #2 though. can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Love option #2

C said...

how can you take care of two small children when you have a migraine (eek, eek and eek)? Or did you used to teach with a migraine and have 26 kids? Probably that dress looks great on you since you look good in yellow but it looks too bright to me and I do not like the light or the dark right now. Is there an option 3?

Meme said...

Love #2. Sounding like Jenna here but I think the black tights give the outfit more graphic punch.

Also, your Haiti links are awesome. May I suggest another organization? Its called Meds and Food for Kids. Their web address is mfkhaiti.org--check it out.

dinagideon said...

Hi, Ladies...so far it is OPTION 2 both here and at polyvore. Wow! I am concerned with the dark under the yellow of the sweaterdress, but I am sure I can make it work, somehow!!! :)

C: I had a very ROUGH day. At school, I could hand them busy work and just kind of chill till my planning, when I would just leave.

At one point today, both kids were awake, running around, asking for pb & j sandwiches, and at the same time the guys were here taking out some tile (from last week's heater explosion). It was loud and I was d-y-i-n-g. Somehow, I made it through, and baby slept, rex watched some preschool tv (while I napped right next to him--he by the way, petted my head a few times and said--mommy hurts--agh, so sweet), then he napped, then the guy left, and I could finally work on feeling better. Which I did, around 5:30.

Option 3? Do you have any ideas? I would love to hear more ideas!!! :)

dinagideon said...

Meme, when I get a chance, I will put up the link. There is also a NOVA one called HERO that I need to put up, too!!! Thanks!!!

Debye said...

I like option 1, more unexpected but I am sure either will look great on you! I hope your migraine is feeling better, it is so hard to be sick/in pain when you are a mommy.

Rachel said...

Tough call - both look cute but I don't know that dress so - not sure. I am going for #2 because I don't like light tights that much. Personal opinion.

Anonymous said...

Option 2. Trying to get rid of a migrane with the guys working in the house is tough.

Unknown said...

Thanks again, appreciate the thumbs up for Amaretto! I don't think I'm qualified to give any great fashion input, so I'll leave that to your other readers :)

All the best,
Chris

www.chrisgrassomusic.com/Amaretto/index.htm

AppGal said...

Option #2 :)

GingerSnap said...

Option 2! I can't wait :)

Summerilla said...

Definitely option 2!!

Summerilla said...

I think tights are a good option - I tried leggings once and I think they might have been too thick. I'm really excited to see IRL photos of this!