Sunday, November 6, 2011

Paris: Day Three Outfit of the Day.

I cannot believe I have waited this long to do a new post.  I don't even have a good excuse, like actually being in Paris.  LOL.  Ah, well.

Better late than never, I suppose.  :)

On the third day in Paris, my true love said to me...

wear the green jacket and teal top and jeans, and Thierry Lasry sunglasses, and double strand frog necklace,

you get the drift...

Why start with the boring shot when I can start with arty?

Anyhow, this was taken at sunset in the Jardin des Tuileries, which is right next door to the Lourve, which is where we spent the majority of our day (outside of a very long walk looking for a very specific shop in the Saint Germain neighborhood).

Yes, I put CW in a shirt that has the Eiffel Tower and says "a la mode a paris."  Mr. Dina said to put her in that the day we go to the Eiffel Tower, but I just scoffed at how cliche that would be.  Snort.

On me, we have the Parisienne Jacket from Boden Fall 2009 (not cliche, lol), a top that I bought at TJ Maxx by Willi Smith, some Docker's Denim (that got really stretched out by the end of the day), the Lula Snakeskin Ballet Flats from J. Crew (yeah, these only are comfortable the first five miles of walking, btw), and of course the double strand frog necklace from J. Crew Fall 2007 (which also appeared in the Paris catalog).

You can buy CW's a la mode top here (and the 14 fits me, for what it's worth).  I was able to find a fairly similar jacket at Boden called the Milan Jacket, which comes in a very similar green shade (and is on "secret" sale).

No jacket.  I really like the Willi Smith top, all pretty silk and a lovely teal color.  I wore teal with green for a reason, and you will see that when you get to the Polyvore set.

At the Lourve with the kids.  We were all beaten down.  The kids LOVED the museum, though.  My favorite part were the sixty million Japanese tourists who wanted to take photos with Rex and/or CW.  It was adorable.  I guess my kids are cute to others, as they are to me, but honestly, at the end of that day I was all, "are they really that adorable?"

Paris: Day Three Outfit of the Day.

Above is the polyvore set.  In it you will see the catalog image from Boden that inspired the whole look.  I would have never paired teal and green together, but it worked here.  :)

You all have a great Sunday.  :)  Talk with all of you soon!