Thursday, September 17, 2015

Boden: Fall/Winter 2015 is Here! And Boden Icons!

Longer Line Cable Sweater here in two colors...




Hey, you all.  I am back from Florida. 


CW made a beautiful Princess Anna.  I am pleased she was pleased after all the saving up of money (it's expensive to be pricessified), and having to deal with a five hour delay going there (hello, 3 am arrival) and a cancellation on the way back (come on, really?).  I am happy to go back to Disney, but it's going to be a few months, at least.  ;-)

I am off to a cruise for my (big, OMG I am how old) birthday with my aunt at the end of this week, so if the blog goes fully silent, blame lack of internet access.  Which is fine, I know.  I just am used to being super plugged in.  It's probably good for me (at my age, lol) to be unplugged from time to time.

Okay, so that out of the way, onto Boden.

1. There were quite a few new arrivals on Monday.  Couldn't write about them then (travel day) and couldn't write about them yesterday because of...

Angus at his first day of preschool *yeah*,

so I am writing about it today. 

There are quite a few lovely items and it seems I must have missed many of them in my original picks post way back when.  Or they didn't have these in the preview.  I don't know.  These multiple rollouts are to hard for me to follow (at my age, lol).

2. The folks at Boden must be doing well since the current promo being emailed around and on the back of the catalogs are for 11% off with free ship and returns.  I haven't seen one that "low" in years.  Probably 2010?  But...and because I have access to it, and so do you, the affiliate program has a promo for 15% off with free ship and returns (over $49), which is pretty great, so use it if you need it, of course.  I probably will (after I have paid for the princessification of Little Miss CW).

3. So in this last catalog they sent out there was an insert for the "Boden Icons" collection, which is like the Boden Limited Edition of yore (RIP).  It is intriguing, but it was no secret that I was a HUGE fan of the Limited Edition stuff. In fact, I have only ever sold one item from my collection, and that was because there was a fit issue.  I on the regular wear my beautiful silk jersey dresses from that line.  Here is a look at the lookbook, courtesy of the Telegraph.

The Belgravia dress is gorgeous, and I am a fan, but woah, that 250 pound amount is roughly equivalent to $375.  The other pieces are lovely and if I was an independent gazillionaire I would happily purchase most of it and put in my gorgeous MASSIVE closet.


This is a "huh" piece, the Spitalfields Coat, which at 400 pounds maybe should have plaid that lines up properly?  I suspect this is intentional, but my seamstress eyes are really bothered.

Okay, that's all for now!  Do you have any picks from either the rollout from Monday or the Icons line?  I would love to read your thoughts!  I will be unlikely to respond for some time, but do know I read all comments and do appreciate them all.  I eventually do write back, but it often takes me some time.

Have a great night everyone!

Boden USA