Thursday, May 3, 2012

OOTD: Paisley Feather and a Cool Cat for the Preschool Run.

Hey!  I thought before I ran off to my son's kindergarten orientation (Rex, not Gus, lol), I would actually publish an outfit of the day post that I wore today.  Yes.  Today.  The sky is not littered with flying pigs, but I still expect to see an oinker next to the cerulean horizon at some point in response  to my ability to get my blog updated in real time.

(Having said that, I know it won't happen, but I am still holding out for this album cover to come alive.)

My husband (kindly) dropped the kids off at school this morning so I could catch up on many of the house things, which was awesome.  It also allowed me the ability to get dressed up with only one pootling (our nickname for all the kids, it is pootlings in multiple) to care for.  Fortunately pootling #3 gave me a full thirty minutes to get ready for the preschool run (plus errands), so I totally ran with it and came up with this J. Crew/Boden outfit of the day.

All the info on the outfit is in the photo, however, I will provide links to the individual items just below (for the items still available).

Tee: Johnnie b (Boden) Skinny Graphic T-shirt.  I am going to do a more involved review of this tee in tonight's Boden Weekly Review Roundup, so be on the lookout for that if interested.  This is a size medium, my true to size Johnnie b size.
Skirt: J. Crew No 2 Pencil Skirt in Feather Paisley.  Size 8.  LOVE this skirt.  Bit big in the waist, but all J. Crew skirts are like that on me (so I can fit the hips, I go up a waist size). The colors are wonderful, a mix of orange/red, navy, cream, a minty-grey, and brown.  Easily matched the tee.
Shoes: Boden Essential Wedges. Size 41.  I have a lot of thoughts on these shoes, so definitely check out tonight's roundup.  They were comfortable, and I felt sleek wearing them.  I highly recommend them (once you find your correct size) if you are a fan of J. Crew's Seville wedge espadrilles, but want something in leather.
Bracelets and Earrings: J. Crew.  No longer available.

Another view.  The bracelets were exactly the right coloring for the skirt and tee.  I have had those stretch bracelets forever, btw.

I am wearing a nude cami (very common, btw, big fan of the nude underthings), but it clearly peeked out in the photo.  This tee is not that see through, but I always err on the side of caution (likely stemming from my conservative nature).  Once I noticed that, I tucked it into the skirt.  Too bad I can't blame silly mistakes like that on pregnancy brain.  (I guess there is "mommy" brain.)

Paisley Feather and a Cool Cat.


Above is the polyvore with all the pieces all nicely laid out.

Okay, that's it.  Easy peasy and without a whole lot of talky-talk.  You a fan of talky-talk?  Come on back for the next post.  :)