Tuesday, July 7, 2015

OOTD: Hibiscus Floral Birthday Muumuu Maxidress.

Before I write up the blog post, I wanted to let you all know that I looked at Boden's site a couple weeks back and saw they had put up a new affiliate program as one we could apply to, so of course I decided to go ahead and do so, thinking there still might be a chance that my blog isn't big enough to be part of their new program.  However, yesterday I received word that I was accepted, which is good news!  :-)  I see they have similar systems in place as the old program, so when the time is right I will have coupons in the sidebar, etc.  So yay!  Right now the big summer sale is going on, so the sidebar links are to that, but once the regular season starts up, I will switch them out to the coupon links. 

Now to go and dust off my Boden Weekly Review Roundup boots again.  ;-)




Day: Sunday, July 5, 2015.

Where: BBQ Birthday Party.

Ease of Wear: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  I bought the Hibiscus Floral Maxidress from J. Crew in November (so well after I could reasonably wear it outside) for a very good price.  Initially my thought was to take it and use all the yardage for something, maybe a shorter dress for myself and a dress for CW.  But then I tried it on back in May and asked all my Instagram friends if I should keep it as is, and most said to not cut into it and wear it as is.  So I did, and I am glad I did.  I *might* bring the straps up a touch since they run low and I know they are meant to hit higher, but otherwise, I love the fit, length, etc.

Outfit Details:  Dress, J. Crew; Necklace, J. Crew; Sandals, (can't see them, but I am wearing them, lol) Target here; Sunglasses, Anthropologie.

Anecdote of the Day:  It was a very yucky 4th here in the MD/DC/VA area.  All muggy, humid, buggy, and a bit rainy.  I was worried for the 5th, but upon waking I saw all the pretty skies and less awful weather, and breathed a sigh of relief.  Most of my friends and family were able to make it, and it was a great time.  Just perfection.  I even was able to share blowing out my candles with two girls who have their birthdays right near mine or on mine. 

Sadly, my great aunt passed away later that day (we were expecting it, though, unfortunately), and she was more like a grandmother to me than a great aunt.  She *is* the reason I love bright colors and prints, since she was the one who insisted I stop wearing so many drab colors back when I was nineteen.  Her funeral is this weekend in CA, so I will be heading that way on Thursday to say goodbye to her.  :-(

INSTAGRAM of the outfit HERE.

Okay, that's it for now.  Hope your Tuesday is amazing!