Friday, May 13, 2011

Ugh, I Guess the World Doesn't Want My Review Roundups. LOL.

UPDATE: As of 4:41 pm, it came back.  Great timing, Blogger.  ;)

So I totally published the Boden Weekly Review Roundup and for about twelve hours, I 100% had it on my blog.  And then Blogger went all crazy and guess whose roundup for the 11th has disappeared.

But I AM TOTALLY ahead of you, stupid blogger (oh, I love you but how I hate you, too)...I always do a draft of the roundup early in a text document (you know, the only program left that can be run on a 1983-era computer???)...

Now, I am not nuts.  I cannot and will not replicate everything I did to create the post...rather, I will publish this post with the bare minimum info so that those of you who actually need the information can have it at your fingertips.  If my post is lost forever, I will make the post back to all its original glory, but will wait until this weekend to clean it up completely.

Also, I may be able to get the comments back as I use disqus (yay, disqus!!!), and if I can I will publish them as text in this post.  :)

Here goes, the amended, rudimentary post:

BODEN WEEKLY REVIEW ROUNDUP:

Wow. I am so glad I am able to get back into the swing of things here at My Superfluities. My intention last week, btw, was to publish a post on Wednesday for the Weekly Review Roundup but when you combine the cost of the internet on a ship (umm, it's astronomical) plus the fact that I was actually REALLY enjoying my vacation, I decided I would hold off. :) I know you all more than understand.

But because my vacation was so great, I have TONS of great photos of me and the kids wearing Boden in. real. life. So that is bound to make up for my absence last week. (Sure...)

Anyhow, a reminder...if you want to see something from Boden at the bodenusa.com website, click on the photo provided by Boden to go directly to measurements, size availability, and other colors. If you want to see something close up on me or the kids, click on the photo itself and you will be shown a larger version. If you want to see something on another blogger, click on the link I have provided to that blogger's website.

The 15% maternity coupon is still working, with free shipping and returns. This is wonderful, especially if you have a smaller order, as there are no minimums to take advantage of this coupon.

For any new customers, I have added a 10% off with free shipping and returns coupon, which ALSO gives you a free canvas bag (pretty navy blue/chartreuse combo) with your first order.

Also, it appears that the current promo of 20% off some menswear and women's swimwear is extended (update 05/13/11--STILL GOING--YAY)! Remember, these are stackable with other promos, so that 20% becomes much more when you click through to buy the bikini through the 15% off maternity coupon (because Johnnie B. doesn't really care if you actually buy pregnancy pants with your order--lol).

Start with my re-review of the Pool Party Tunic, and then link back to the Jersey Beach Dress re-review.  (UPDATE 0/13/11--Oh, my no, instead here are some pics of me wearing the Pool Party tunic and the jersey beach dress):

Pool Party Tunic, Size US 6, UK 10.  Fits true to size and stretches out as the day goes on...

Pic of me wearing it, by the pool, while drinking like I am at a party.  LOL.

Jersey Beach Dress, US 6 Regular, UK 10 Regular.  I am tall and personally think the Long version would have been TOO long on my 5'8" frame.  This is a looser fit dress and had I bought my typical Boden dress size, US 8 Regular, it would have been too loose.

I love the ruffles at the collar, nothing too excessive, and adds a bit of interest to what is, at its very essence, a very practical kind of clothing, the beach cover-up (the pool party tunic's jeweled collar is similar).

More drinking.  Yum!

Pool Party Tunic
Pool Party Tunic.

Jersey Beach Dress
Jersey Beach Dress.

Other Blogger's Reviews!

From Bodalicious:

Textured Cotton Skirt
Textured Cotton Skirt. Suburban Mom looks super-fly in the green version! :)

Artisan Top
Artisan Top. Suburban Mom models the yellow version and shows us all why we should keep linen on our short list for summer. :)

Flowerstitch Cardigan
Flowerstitch Cardigan. I thought I was going to be able to hold off on this cardigan, but ooh, this one is definitely calling my name. Suburban Mom shows us why I am so in love...

Merino Tab Jumper
Merino Tab Jumper. The yellow that Suburban Mom chose is perfection with her coloring! Good choice and insanely perfect for work!

From Polly and Fiona:

Breezy Beach Dress
Breezy Beach Dress. Fiona discusses how this dress worked for her, or rather may not have worked (she is between sizes). FWIW, I own it in a six, which works for me, and is my true to size Boden "beachy" dress size. That said, I feel Fiona's pain. You may recall a certain silk dress which was way too small in the size six???

Embroidered Kaftan
Embroidered Kaftan. Fiona also lets us know more about this kaftan, which did not work for her, but in true Boden babe fashion, she immediately returned turned for other items. You go, Fiona! ;)

End with the babies in their surf suits.  (And that's all I will give ya until I know...FOR A FACT...that the original post isn't coming back.  ;)

CW in pink dotted, size 2-3, which fits her exactly.

Surf Suit
Girl's Surf Suit.

Rex in blue puffer fish, wearing a size 4-5, which is a size too big.  He needed a size 3-4, as he has a very thin torso, and that is how they must size these suits.  Next year he will be fine in this...so maybe with the next sale, I will go ahead and get the right size in the orange version you see below. :)

Surf Suit
Boy's Surf Suit.

Alrighty, all, I should be able to get another post up fairly soon!  Blogger, you be good now...