Monday, February 3, 2014

OOTD: A New Favorite Look.

Hey, all...before I get started, I have a few announcements to make. :-)

1. Boden started a new promo of 14% off all regular items (specifically from the menswear and womenswear line) with free shipping.  The coupon is in the sidebar and at the bottom of this post.  If you specifically have a mini Boden item or two in mind, you can grab that with a "buy three, get the fourth item for $1" promo.  I have that coupon link also in the sidebar and at the bottom of this post.  Also if you are a new customer to Boden, and you like pretty yellow scarves, this may be the right time to make a first purchase since they are offering a free scarf with first purchase (although it appears you can't use the 14% off or buy 3, get #4 for $1 promos if you want the scarf--use the scarf promo if your first purchase is to be relatively small or you really really really like that scarf!). 

2. I have a giveaway winner ($50 Boden giftcard).  There were 50 entries (49 on the blog and one on facebook*), and random.org declared that #45 was the winner.  So yay for Starla729!  I will be emailing her tomorrow to get more info from her.  I plan to do another giveaway soon, so be on the lookout for that in the near future.

*well two from facebook, but one of the entrants was able to successfully post here at the giveaway post in the end...

3. Sewing website PatternReview.com featured me as their "featured member" of the day.  I am so excited.  If you grab a moment, you can go to their homepage and see my profile in their sidebar.  Woo!  I am thrilled that I was honored with these few hours of sewing fame.  :-)

Okay, onto what I have decided is a new favorite look of mine, a relatively simple outfit that I wore last Thursday.




Day: Thursday, January 30, 2014.

Where: School pickup and classes at the Little Gym with my kids.

Ease of Wear: (4 of 5 stars--5 being the most easy to wear.)  The whole darn thing is so easy to wear.  Every piece has a bit of special interest to it, but those unique touches don't detract from the ease of wear. 

The Medallion sweatshirt** (currently on steep sale at J. Crew) is a basic sweatshirt dolled up with an all over white medallion print (which if you look closely is very carefully printed to ensure all the medallions properly line up).  The amazing Sybil coat (one of my all time favorites made by J. Crew) has the pretty stand-up collar and larger button detailing.  The Vince Camuto Trapeez booties are in a fab navy/grey leather with silver buckle finishes. 

**I bought a size small, one size up from what I had been wearing in J. Crew sweatshirts.  I think it runs a touch small to size.

It gets hard carting the three kids around, and it is really tough to actually physically keep up with them, so barring here and there (usually when another adult is around) I have to wear clothes that will allow me to do a mad dash to an open door, numerous bendovers to pick up crackers, dropped drinks, and paper towels, and also allow me to carry the world's largest toddler.  This outfit I could do all three but somehow still look fairly stylish.  (In my mind, I felt I looked the part of stylish mom anyhow.)

Cool Factor: (4.5 of 5 stars--5 being the coolest--for both outfits.)  I think it looks really cool.  The Vince Camuto booties help, definitely glad I tried them out and in a shade that you don't usually find in shoes.

Anecdote from the Day:  The day went really well.  And by some miracle, there was. no. traffic. getting to the Little Gym.  I was being smiled at by someone up there that day.  ;-)

Okay, that's all for now.

Real quick, I am not really around much these next few days since I will be substitute teaching at the kids' school.  I am very wiped right now, so if this post reads funny, I blame it on my sleepiness.

Boden coupons below as promised!

Valid 2/3 - 2/14. 14% Off Plus Free Shipping!

Valid 2/3 - 2/14. Buy 3 Mini Boden Items & Get the 4th for $1 Plus Free Shipping!
(It appears you can use the above coupon with non mini items.  Just so you know, all I had in my basket was some Johnnie b. underpants and it worked.)