Monday, February 13, 2012

OOTDs: Fairly Recent, Too.

Oh, wow!  I am so bad at keeping up with this blog.  I have been out doing a million, trillion things for the birthday boy(s) weekend, so all of my plans to actually do any sort of posting has been put way on the back burner (behind the gumbo, don't worry, you'll get what that means that soon enough).  It's all good, though.

Thankfully, Gus decided not to join his brother by having his birth day coincide with his daddy's birthday, too.  Ugh...can you even imagine?  Three birthdays over the course of three days?  Wow.  Fortunately, I think Gus has plans to stick around until much closer to his due date.  Rex, fwiw, was FOUR whole weeks early.  Surprise!

I think I will just start with this weekend's party outfit of the day, and then move backwards from there.

Top: Pomkin Maternity.  Last blogged about here.  It is definitely still fitting, but it is a tighter fit.  :)
Pants: Liz Lange for Target.
Shoes: Boden Animal Bow Pumps.  Still plenty available in the clearance section. I did a review of these here.
Bracelet: J. Crew Enamel Cuff Bracelet. 
Headband: Anthropologie.

Close up of the fab Liberty of London silk printed fabric.  Love this!

All my makeup is Arbonne, I have been really enjoying "making up" lately...it is really hard to feel great when your body kind of hurts all over, so I at least try to feel decent from my neck up.  :)

Every year (and if you have read this blog for all these years it has been around you already know this) I spend an entire morning preparing my Gumbo for our annual "Mr. Dina/Rex" Mardi Gras birthday party.  Mr. Dina had a big birthday on Saturday, and Rex's 5th was yesterday (Sunday).  It is wonderful to be able to actually have the party on the actual bday, and this time is was Rex's turn.

The gumbo is in the blue pot AND the silver pot.  I use two pots because that is how much gumbo I am expected to make.  Yay (sarcasm alert)!  The gumbo this year tasted fresh, but the roux was not nearly deep enough of a caramel brown color, so I felt like the version I made was gumbo lite.  Every year I want something to be different...I am sure I will hit on it right one of these years.

Quick story...5 years ago I spent the ENTIRE day making gumbo for Mr. Dina's actual birthday birthday party (it was a Sunday again).  Everyone was there, super excited for the pregnant lady's gumbo, and I heard from more than one person...that boy is coming early.  I scoffed.  Yeah, I was also having some early contractions but because I failed to recognize what contractions feel like, I thought I was just "uncomfortable."  Turns out that I was in labor and the next morning Mr. Dina was transporting me to our hospital where our lives would be completely and utterly turned upside down for the next nine days (Rex came on that day, the 12th...but due to some unfortunate and MAJOR complications, both he and I ended up in the ICU--me--and the NICU--him).

Let's just say I was a bit nervous that it would happen again.  Yay for being wrong!

Tunic: Boden Maternity Crossover Tunic.  Boden has a version right now (the link will take you there), same basic concept, just a bit different prints and colors.  I am wearing a US 4 for those of you who are pregnant and curious about sizing.  Size up if you are a bit bustier.
Leggings: J. Crew.
Shoes: J. Crew Collection.
Necklace: Remember the History Store?  Yeah, it's from there.  The History Store closed their shops sometime in the mid 2000s.

We were headed to the doctor's office.  Pregnancy is going well, but the doctor has suggested I turn to Tylenol PM or Unisom for my insomnia.  I wish I didn't have to, but in the end sleep is kind of something I really like.  So I have to admit to a few nights of letting the blissful effects of this medicine (not together, of course) take its action on my weary self.

CW is in a crewcuts sweatshirt that I just adore.  Fortunately it is androgynous enough to work for Gus, too.  :)

Cardigan: Talbot's.
Top: Merona Maternity.  I didn't even know Target's home brand had a maternity line until I ordered this top at Target.com.  I honestly thought that it was Liz Lange until I received it.  FWIW, I love it, and if you want to take a look at their other offerings, click here (this link takes you to the Target Maternity home page--not just the Merona maternity page).
Pants: Mimi Maternity.
Shoes: J. Crew, Carrie Ballet Flats.  These are from 2005 or so, just in case the really pointy tips don't clue you in...
Necklace: J. Crew Tangled Treasure.

I liked how this outfit felt.  Very comfortable and it is nice to still be able to use non-maternity pieces like the cardigan in outfits.

Yeah, I am sort of addicted to Picnik.  It's fun to see how photos look with different layers applied, etc.  This is a combo of sepia, cross process, and cinemascope for those of you familiar with this editing program (it's free with a blogger membership).

Cardigan: J. Crew Ocelot.
Dress: J. Crew, Double V Jersey Dress.  If you recall the April 2010 J. Crew catalog, they featured a pregnant photographer in this dress.  I didn't know at that point if I would have another kid, but I definitely loved that J. Crew went there.  This dress is really soft and made with more than enough fabric to work at all stages of pregnancy.
Shoes: J. Crew, Lula Bow Flats.  This is a recent acquisition, but I kind of knew it would be love since I adore the Lula ballet flats in general.
Bracelet: J. Crew, in store only red beaded necklace that I wrapped around my wrist.
Sunglasses: Target.

More fun with picnik, but you can see the adorable bow on the flat better in this shot.

Close up of the cardigan, dress, and sunglasses.  Notice, no bangs!  Therefore this was taken before two weeks ago.  LOL.  I wore this out with my kids to CW's dance class, I believe.

You can see the necklace/bracelet best here.

Dress: Liz Lange for Target.
Leggings: J. Crew.
Shoes: J. Crew Salina Patent Flats.

I really like how this shot turned out.  Rex looks pensive and sweet here.  :)

Very simple outfit.  If it had been warmer out (for all the warmth we have had here, it hasn't been bare-legged warm), I could have just worn the dress with the shoes.

Close up of the design on the dress.  I like how the kimono-esque shoulders help balance off the whole dress.  Definitely need that right now.

No bangs here, either. 

I think we were headed out to dinner that night. 

Okay, thanks for staying through the whole set of ootds.  I should be back to daily posting this week!

If you have commented recently and I have not commented back, know that I will attempt to get to that as soon as I can. :)

Night, night, all!